• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Strainer soak

bchauvette

My FLU419 fuel system was terribly varnished up when I got her. Actually beyond varnished. Everything that touched fuel had to be attended to. Rebuild the IP and injectors, Cleaning replacing fuel lines, filters housings. Now I'm looking for something to soak the filler neck fuel stainer. Acetone don't work. Fuel flow through the stainer is too slow. I have to take it out when refueling.

B.T.W. did a fuel strainer search :)

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try soaking it in transmission fluid/diesel mix. I have a Jerry can that is in good shape but has some nasty varnish in the bottom. I put about a third of a gallon of gasoline and some ATF in there and then just put it in the back of my jeep. My theory was just the day to day driving would slosh it around and help break the varnish up. It has been working but i haven't checked to see if it is all dissolved by now. I think I have to drank it and then refill it with fresh again. I think time and patience is the best when working with this stuff. I know ATF is wild stuff and I would try that with a blend of diesel or gasoline and a lot of time. You will get it cleaned up, just takes patience.

Jeepsinker

Drano and water will work in a few minutes. Or you can go down to Harbor Freight and buy a $20 ultrasonic cleaning tank and drop it in there with a solution of simple green and water and get it done in 5 minutes. It'll look brand new then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks