• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member with 1955 GMC 424V

Sabareselu164

New owner of a 424v with a rollback bed. After redoing all the breaks I have a bad outer hub bearing on the rear axle. I can not find one anywhere and am at a total loss on what to do. Any help on finding one would be much appreciated.

Thanks Mike

gentrysgarage

What axle do you have? Is it single speed or 2 speed? How many bolts hold the pinion in? I have a Chevrolet dealer medium duty parts catalog from 1972 and it lists a few parts that were still available in 1972 as far back as 1946. I got it for the axle section myself.

I can dig it up but I do need to know what Eaton Axle you have. All those questions I asked before helps narrow it down...but if you can find out for sure it is better.

quickfarms

Pull the bearing and race and take it to a bearing supply and have them cross reference the numbers forward to a current bearing.

What are the numbers on the bearing and race?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks