• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028A3 Wheel/Tire options

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
So after 5 years I have finally got my A3 running. I plan on a 3-4 inch lift and am wondering about tire/wheel options. It currently has the 285 16 tires on 16x6 inch wheels. I would like to go to 33" tires if possible, but the current wheels are to narrow, has anyone out there done a swap that keeps the duals intact and able to run 33" tires?

Thanks,
Ed

Stonepicker1

I still have to do mine also. I have the 6" lift kit to install someday.

A few years ago I got a quote for some new dually steel rims(16.5) and two 3" steel spacers out in CA.......$2200.00
I was planning on installing HMMWV tires, but I think they willt hit the dually fenders.

I saw one of our M1028A3's with something like a 315 x 70 x 16 and a 6" lift...looked pretty good.

Let me know what you get.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I still have to do mine also. I have the 6" lift kit to install someday.

A few years ago I got a quote for some new dually steel rims(16.5) and two 3" steel spacers out in CA.......$2200.00
I was planning on installing HMMWV tires, but I think they willt hit the dually fenders.

I saw one of our M1028A3's with something like a 315 x 70 x 16 and a 6" lift...looked pretty good.

Let me know what you get.
Will do

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wrecker project will get 255/85R16 BFGs. They are 33" tall and skinny so the fit the dually rim. A 305/70R16 could be run on the front if you wanted a wider tire.

Batzen

So after 5 years I have finally got my A3 running. I plan on a 3-4 inch lift and am wondering about tire/wheel options. It currently has the 285 16 tires on 16x6 inch wheels. I would like to go to 33" tires if possible, but the current wheels are to narrow, has anyone out there done a swap that keeps the duals intact and able to run 33" tires?

Thanks,
Ed
Hi FMJ, my M1028A3 is running on 33" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers and 16x6.5 inch Wheels. They fit right in without a problem.

And here with the 33" BFG's

I'm planning on switching to 37" with only a 2" lift in the front.

Last edited:

Batzen

Do you have to trim the front panels to fit 37's with a 4" lift. I see so many people putting the 6" lift to fit 37's i would like to have to tires sit further up in the wheel wells so i am considering the 4" lift but i dont want to trim the panels.
Here is some Information, about 4" lift, 36" : http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277743

Are your 33" tires 255/85R16s or what? Looks most excellent!
yes on both pictures they are 255/85R16's
loved the BFG's but they were old, the Maxxis Creepy Crawlers are as loud as they look like

a better pic with the Maxxis 255/85R16:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks