• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3000 Watt 28V DC Generator

JeremyK5

I've got a single cylinder Wisconsin engine powered, skid mount, generator. I'm having NO luck finding any service or parts info on it.
Build date 11/63
NSN 6115-975-8382
Model- JHGV3B
Engine Model- MAENLD
Generator Model- 5CD215G139 (107 amp)

It runs, but currently only gravity feed, it needs a fuel pump and a new muffler.
I've tried talking to the guy at Saturn Surplus, and no luck so far.
Any info or TM's would greatly appreciated! Thanks

Pictures coming soon, will get them posted today

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your only hope for parts for something this old is ebay. The fuel pump you will have to rebuild yourself with new neoprene material. Any original fuel pump kit you might find will not be usable with modern fuels.

JeremyK5

Talked to William at delk's army navy surplus in N.C. and he wasn't able to help me much. He did tell me to call him back on monday to when he's in the shop and can give me a number for a place out of FL. that can help me out with the fuel pump rebuild kit and a carb kit so I can go through it more properly. I found a muffler for it online for it 125 shipped. Kinda pricey. Here's the link to the muffler, http://www.rchmanufacturing.com/MUFFLER-FOR-THE-65-HP-WISCONSIN-ENGINE-RCH-MUFFLER.htm

Keith_J

Ancient dinosaur for sure. That predates the MEP standardization so that is why parts and a manual are hard to come by. Every branch was having their own made, making for a touchy logistic situation. Any pictures of the fuel pump close up?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice unit. These were used in arctic conditions to assist in starting trucks and equipment. That's why it is ducted with the discharge cooling air going back into the flywheel housing.

JeremyK5

Here's a close up of the fuel pump. When I tried to take the fuel lines off, the fittings broke. I tried a Kohler fuel pump, but no luck. It had the right mounting flange and bolt pattern, but the pump body was too big and was hitting the engine block.
20141222_184504-1.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's rebuildable. Take it apart and replace the diaphragm with modern material. There will be a rivet holding the center of the diaphragm to the actuating arm, you will have to carefully unswage the rivet so that you can reswage it.

Guyfang

Staff member
I know this is an old post but I just picked up the same generator. Any TM for this or other info on this generator?
The same kind of set as the picture? What is the Stock Number on the top data plate? I have a few OLD TM's, but need to know Stock number and or Part number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks