• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery planned, Dayton, Ohio to Spartanburg,SC this coming Friday

bchauvette

Just talked to Carrie-Ann. Here is the preliminary plan. Gonna load up the tow bar and inter connect air hoses into her M923 and leave Spartanburg SC 5 AM tomorrow. If there is anything that we need to pick up along the way and need to route a certain way let me know. I don't have a smartphone (cause I'm not smart) so I can't dialog on the web site while on the road. If anybody thinks of anything we need to bring with us let me know. (864) 395-7384. I'll be logging in just before we leave.

Now where did I put my super hero tights?

andy3

Safety vest, safety chains (thank you Ron), Orange triangles, air hoses, towing lights, and a lot of patience. Dragging a 923 with a 923 through the mountains will be rough.

I need to see pictures of captain droopy face in action.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pulley is exclusive to the A2.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've searched for the part numbers, nsn's and a few other ideas.

I found 2 threads where members replaced the alternator with a civilian unit including pulley.

Looks like a take off(from an A2/8.3 is the only option.

R Racing

I've searched for the part numbers, nsn's and a few other ideas.

I found 2 threads where members replaced the alternator with a civilian unit including pulley.

Looks like a take off(from an A2/8.3 is the only option.
I make pulleys for a living. The bore and offset and rib count are a common size . I would imagine there used on a number of applications. Especially large 6 cylinder deisels . And some V8 cars.

3dAngus

Still no pictures. The reason why you want to put pictures of the damage up is so people can help you.
If the bracket is cracked, its more parts, else there is more damage to come later.
Still don't know exactly where you are, and I don't need to personally, but someone in the local area would like to know because if they are just a few miles out, they might decide to call and come help, with parts, tools, or whatever.
Someone has been deleting a number of posts here, thinking it is in your best interest. I'm not at all convinced. And the info I put up for you, would apply to all so that your recovery and trip back on the road is most expedient.
Good luck with it, either way. Wish I were closer. I would pull the parts off my running truck to get you back on the road again if necessary.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right here is the info we are safe in hotel thanks to Steve and gimp.
Truck is hotel parking lot.
The only damage is pulley that we can see at this time we were more concern with getting off interstate.
We will have time to look it over really good in morning.
Truck runs fine just can't run for long period.
We are in west chester Ohio.
We will try to post pics in the morning
Thanks everyone for your concern for our safety it is greatly appreciated.
Standby for more updates

3dAngus

Thanks Coffey1. Hope you understand I'm just trying to help. Thing is, when a SOS goes out on SS, we probably need to have a method of announcing it correctly, so people who are concerned and want to help, can make up their mind what they can do and address it properly. Exact location is a must!
This would be not only for your best interest, but for all.
I wish I could help more. Please keep us informed as best you can. I know how desperate and lonely it can be out on the road broke down, as do many, but with SS help, you should be out of there in no time.
Sounds like you have some really good help there though. Get a good nights sleep. You deserve it!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure why posts were deleted, I do not think it was a good idea.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Dell I appreciate your thoughts.
I would love to tell everyone where I was but had no clue
Once gimp and Steve got us off hi way to hotel then we had a hard address.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you read the numbers on that pulley?

3dAngus

I'm not sure why posts were deleted, I do not think it was a good idea.
I think it was the North Koreans hacking into the system.

Wow! Thanks for the pics. That's a weird looking failure. Is all the mounting hardware intact? I know its dark out now. Sure hope it doesn't tie you guys up long and you can get right back up on the road OK. You sure have some of the best help in the area anyone could have anywhere in the US with Gimpy and Steve.

R Racing

Here is a shelf full of that same basic pulley made of aluminum ( oem would be steel ). They have the same bore and the offset is .05 shy ( about a thickness of a washer) these are from a roush supercharger. I'm fairly certain that the alterator pulley of a 03-04 cobra mustang and the 01 to 04 lightning pickup truck has the correct offset and bore. The only difference would be the outer diameter and length of center hub which could be shimmed to take up the space. So there may very well find something on a shelf that could fit the bill.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks