• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filter or oiler on CTIS Line??

todds112

So here's my first, "What's this?" post in the 5-ton section:
IMG_0698.jpg
The little black canister on the air line to the CTIS controller. Looked through the TM's and didn't see anything. Looks like a little filter housing or almost like an air tool oiler? The little nipple at the bottom is threaded. It's made of plastic.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the -24P-2 TM, it is shown in the CTIS section.

It's a water separator.

F07-200-A1MA XA .TRAP, MOISTURE ......................................................................

rbr0203

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i know this is a old thread but i cant seem to get what info im looking for. id like to know which way the air flows with the water seperator. from the box to under the dash or from dash to the box?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i know this is a old thread but i cant seem to get what info im looking for. id like to know which way the air flows with the water seperator. from the box to under the dash or from dash to the box?
Air comes in through the firewall, into the separator, and out to the CTIS.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The filter/separators are usually labeled with arrows that indicate flow.

rbr0203

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thats correct. however when i took it off it was shoved under the dash and i didnt notice the "flow" arrow until after i took it off. having the same fittings on each side i couldnt be sure of how it was before i took it off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks