• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the YEAR - 2014 VOTE HERE!

Vote for MV of the year 2014!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here are all the winners from 2014. Please select who you think should be MV of the year!

1. RAYZER
RAYZER.jpg

2. M920
M920.jpg

3. papabear
papabear.jpg

4. whiterabbit
whiterabbit.jpg

5. vtdeucedriver
vtdeucedriver.jpg

6. Tinwoodsman
tinwoodsman.jpg

7. favviking
favviking.jpg

8. DaveP
DaveP.jpg

9. Zout
zout.gif

10. Augdog1964
Augdog 1964.jpg

11. Medicup
medicup.jpg

12. patracy
patracy.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well poop...this is gonna be REALLY hard because I personally know about half of the folks and their vehicles...and the work that went into them and even campaigned for them in the MV of the Month thread.

I'm gonna have to get back to ya on this one.:popcorn:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well poop...this is gonna be REALLY hard because I personally know about half of the folks and their vehicles...and the work that went into them and even campaigned for them in the MV of the Month thread.

I'm gonna have to get back to ya on this one.:popcorn:
I believe the history of The Proud American sets it above the rest . Not only for honoring those who served, but for teaching those who are to young to know the true history of it .

m715mike

All of the trucks are outstanding! I'd vote for all of them if I could. But since I have to pick one, DaveP gets my vote! He built an awesome rig!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I believe the history of The Proud American sets it above the rest . Not only for honoring those who served, but for teaching those who are to young to know the true history of it .
Thank you Sir. It took me all day to decide to vote for my own truck and what she means. Now I feel obligated to show and tell her story...but I'll wait for now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I still haven't voted. The greedy part of me wants to of course vote for my truck. But it doesn't hold a candle to Soni's FEMTT. But then there's all these pesky other awesome vehicles to pick from.

I won't be voting for myself. But I'm going to have to think this through on who I'll vote for. I guess this is better than a political vote. Instead of voting for who's the least worse, we're having to vote for who's truck is slightly better than all of these great trucks.

Artisan

That was extra tough, and w/o any brown nosin' AT ALL , I had
to pick the Drew's machine...VERY well done sir. BRAVO!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It took me a full 24 hours to make a decision. There isn't a hog in the bunch, so it wasn't easy, I had to think of all kinds of tie-breakers.

Cheers

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think it's time to tell a small part of the history of Proud American and the men who fought on her. That's why Proud American was built and why she is shown and participates in every event we can be part of.

The work and sweat that went into building the Proud American Tribute Guntruck was done at our leisure in a truck shop with fans to keep us cool, any tools we needed and materials we could just go downtown and purchase.

The REAL original Proud American was built in the mud and sweltering heat by a couple of American Warriors using whatever they could find to work with and materials/weapons they could find off destroyed trucks.

Proud American is not in this competition as only a military vehicle but also a tribute to those men who built and fought her.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?71238-Proud-American-Guntruck-History

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

i'ts a no brainer - there are only 3 - count on your fingers if you have to that are representing the US FLAG on their MV's - and it happens to be only three of them are CAMO members and one of them is the chief Godfather himself on PROUD AMERICAN - also to who I chose to vote for.
I have never seen a day go by those AMERICAN FLAGS are not on those vehicles.

Otherwise its just a green machine scooting down the hwy or sitting in their back yard.

If you need a drawing of it to explain it I could manage to do that. Or put it in a memo.

zout

Wow 99 members and 66 guests - something is terribly wrong with people reading here on SS to participate. But then again if they ask a question why no one helps and they get po'd I wonder WHY.

COME ON FOLKS IF YOUR READING THIS VOTE FOR SOMEONE YOU THINK DESERVES IT NO MATTER WHAT - V O T E N O W .

CAN WE MAKE THIS LINK THE ONLY THING PEOPLE SEE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ON SS - VOTE OR GO NO-WHERE - GEEZE

TMNT

So, I'm using TapaTalk and I can see the thread, but no voting tools or options. Do I just call out my vote in a post, or is there a voting button somewhere that I can't see while using a mobile app?

sandcobra164

I voted for Papabear for a few reasons. I first saw this truck at the Infantry Museum on Ft. Benning after a change of command ceremony There were two different events that day, the truck was part of an MIA / POW ride but it was an eye catching truck along with ¨Black Widow¨. I asked around on here and some people linked me up with him. He taught me a lot of history about the Gun Trucks of Vietnam which this Soldier had never heard before. He allowed me to drive it to SSGR in 2010 which was it's first trip to a Rally and only his second time meeting me. I put a white mark on the right front of the bumper on the return trip from that rally and while I caught a lot of ribbing for doing that, that mark is still there today. I also got to meet two of the crew of the original Proud American and they dismissed the mark as ¨Battle Damage¨ and PB has ¨Grandfathered¨ it in. If he ever paints it, I'm sure I'll get tasked to hit another white fence to try and replicate it. I've had the opportunity to drive a piece of history and while it is true that the original truck perished in the fight, the Proud American that I know is a fine example of the original and PB has had all of the still living crew ride in it. You should have seen it, they felt like they were teenagers again and if that doesn't warm your heart, you're getting coal for Christmas next year. PB might tell you another story about me driving the truck to the 2011 Rally but we are not here to discuss PMCS or checking hood latches!!! Soldier's A and B were mechanics who had just serviced the truck and told Soldier C that he didn't need to check anything!!! So glad I didn't wreck it that day!!!

sandcobra164

A few pics I have of Proud American. Notice the picture of the 2 Hero's who helped ¨Grandfather¨ my damage to the truck!! They were happy as could be that a young Soldier knew of their story and that PB introduced us. I'll never forget that day. That day had to be one of the most heartwarming lunch's I've ever had at the compound in Columbus. We talked about a lot more than that particular day and if I didn't have to go home with my wife and kids, we probably would have talked through the night.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks