• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton dump: Good to be back here!

pa.rich

:D Retired now for about 3 years. Never thought that I would be busier now than when I worked full time. Been using the 5 tonner dump a lot on my property moving dirt, fieldstone, and logging. Did a little more work on it. Put seats in it, (was sitting on a Styrofoam box for years). I put the original fold down passenger seat in it and a Chevy pickup seat in the drivers side, the original was shot. This is much more comfy and gave me more leg and belly room. I put the floor plates back in over the tranny and brake master cylinder after sanding , priming and army drab paint. Still needs brake work and front axle boots replaced. The truck takes the weight of anything I put on it and loves a heavy load. Needs repainting and work on the lights and I have a new rear section of wiring harness to install on her. I don't have much time to work on it, but in a couple years maybe. I had both knees replaced, and am doing well. Had a hernia fixed, then appendicitis. A blockage in the intestines. Well now and going strong. Did a lot of work during all that once the knee therapy was finished in 2012. Happy New year to everyone . I see a lot of new names and feel like I am starting over on S.S. Had to do a new password to get back on here but all set now. Hope all is well here on Steel Soldiers. Rich

Last edited:

Another Ahab

:D Retired now for about 3 years. Never thought that I would be busier now than when I worked full time. Been using the 5 tonner dump a lot on my property moving dirt, fieldstone, and logging. Did a little more work on it. Put seats in it, (was sitting on a Styrofoam box for years). I put the original fold down passenger seat in it and a Chevy pickup seat in the drivers side, the original was shot. This is much more comfy and gave me more leg and belly room.
Looks like a nice piece of land that you're on there. [thumbzup]

Is all that work you mention for a single project you got going on, or are you just keeping busy working the place?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 817 was a nice truck but the shifting was hard on my knees. Good luck.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new and old credence is

nopics

There are not enough pics of old dumpers in repair or in action.
Welcome back from a fellow dumper (mine is waiting repairs, simply no space and money at the moment).

dmetalmiki

Welcome back. glad to hear your "repairs (on self!) went well. And do please post up some pictures of your truck. ('mandatory'..lol) And pleased you can work around your projects again.
My check list ticks off about the same as yours..'cept I dodged the (a) knee transplants.and (b) hip replacement, Took 17 pills a day (herbal!(despite sceptics)) and lo, NO ops. 8 years later still going strong.:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks