Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts (2007 Version)

Thanks

Just so I'm clear, this means that we can't post asking for other member to go in on an auction with lots of pieces. For example, there is a lot of 12 tires on GL and I only need 4. Can I ask for 2 other members to go in on the price with me?

Sorry if I'm thick headed.
    1971 M35A2 11.00x20 XLs (Sold)
    1985 M1008 Flatbed (Sold)

dumpsterlandingfromorbit! gimpyrobb's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,903 Times in 4,638 Posts

It is in your best interest to ask if anyone is looking for tires to PM you. Lots of people look at this board and some of the members feel its best not to post any auctions. Asking questions is never bad.
    Don't worry about the size difference

Thanks
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,335 Posts

Does this need to be revised seeing as how GL is posting auction items right on the corner of every page?

Thanks

Default Re: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

here is an idea:

Quote Originally Posted by steelsoldiers

If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense. Posting links is OK.
    If you see an interesting vehicle on a GL auction you can click on the pic. Then when it enlarges in the new box right click and go to properties and cut and paste the address. It will look like below:

http://www.govliquidation.com/aucimg...86/6385070.jpg

even better is to save the pic then upload it to the SS server when you post.

Using the above method will not link the auction address yet still show the vehicle you want people to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCATLETT1984
    There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. Starting now.

4 Star General ARMYMAN30YearsPlus's Avatar
    Thanks

Default RE: Re: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

May God grant us many surplus vehicles and items to save them from the scrap heap and may we all enjoy the great PM capability we have here to talk to others about what we see. I know it is great to let others know you are looking for something here and it has let me find two trucks to buy without the hassle of GL I hope that we can find this policy acceptable and use the allowable means to help us find and get what we would like.
    Mount Soledad Cross in San Diego
    God Bless America
    David
    70 M35A2 W/W
    72 M109
    71 M818 W/W
    49 CJ2A
    62 CJ5
    77 Cher 401
    88 YJ
    98 K2500 Sub 6.5 T
    84 M1009
    86 M1031
    M127A2
    M107A2
    M105A2
    M101A2
    M332
    M969
    M200A1Mod to Conv Dolly
    3 Dollies
    Rokon

Thanks

Default Re: RE: Re: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

Quote Originally Posted by ARMYMAN30YearsPlus
    May God grant us many surplus vehicles and items to save them from the scrap heap and may we all enjoy the great PM capability we have here to talk to others about what we see. I know it is great to let others know you are looking for something here and it has let me find two trucks to buy without the hassle of GL I hope that we can find this policy acceptable and use the allowable means to help us find and get what we would like.

AMEN..!!! to that David

Thanks

Hello, this is just a thought.........because I didn't know anything about collusion, and may have ended up at some future point doing so without ever even realizing it. Since I also bid on GL. But maybe there is a way for new members who aren't totally computer/site savy (yet) can have an opportunity to review this post when they register. I only stumbled upon this as I was familiarizing myself with the site. Not trying to tell you what to do, just saying that I knew nothing of this and maybe another new member may not as well and inadvertantly "collute"and cause major reprocusions accidentally.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dblcamaros View Post
    Hello, this is just a thought.........because I didn't know anything about collusion, and may have ended up at some future point doing so without ever even realizing it. Since I also bid on GL. But maybe there is a way for new members who aren't totally computer/site savy (yet) can have an opportunity to review this post when they register. I only stumbled upon this as I was familiarizing myself with the site. Not trying to tell you what to do, just saying that I knew nothing of this and maybe another new member may not as well and inadvertantly "collute"and cause major reprocusions accidentally.
    It's in the site rules you read and agreed to ,how did you miss it ?

From the site rules:

Collusion: Collusion between members will not be tolerated in the SteelSoldiers.Com forums. The following could be construed as collusion and will be deleted:
    Sharing of bidder ID numbers or names to avoid bidding against another member
    Sharing of auction numbers or lot numbers to avoid bidding on the same item as another member
    Any other arrangement between members that serves to keep auction prices low in favor of the member bidders
    First time offenders will be warned. Second time offenders will lose posting privileges for one month. Third time offenders will be banned.

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
    Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
    Do not post links to auction photos.
    Do not post links to GL/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
    Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
    No collusion as specified above.

Thanks

I didn't miss it....it just hadn't sank in because I basically glossed over it because it didn't apply to me at that point. I just recently started to deal with GL. So I went back about an hour ago and re read it. Just saying that I din't realize that........maybe someone else couuld also make that mistake. Tendancy to read quickly through things that don't immediatly apply, but applies now. Just trying to hopefully head off any problems with any one else in similar circumstance. Thank you for your quick reply also.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,072 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dblcamaros View Post
    because I didn't know anything about collusion, and may have ended up at some future point doing so without ever even realizing it...
    I usually look words up I don't understand, especially when I agree to the statement in which that word is used. Straight out of Wikipedia:

Collusion is an agreement between two or more persons, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive, to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair advantage
    Jonathan
    Amateur Call Sign: KE0JRH
    US Army '74-'79

No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day & be thankful to GOD. Somewhere, someone else is fighting to survive...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast