• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts (2007 Version)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
***** This thread was started in 2007. Rule additions have been made since then*****
Things have changed and have been updated.
Please review the current Forum rules.
Here is the 2013 version
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?101153-Auction-eBay-Posting-Policy-MUST-READ
also read all the Forum rules at the top of the page

And for those that need a refreshment of the newer Auction rules:

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.

Well, after much thought and discussion, I wanted to re-address this issue. There is not going to be a vote. There is not going to be a committee formed to discuss this. There is not going to be a special forum set up for auction posts. I don't want any feedback via post, PM or email as there was more than enough last time. This is the way I want it so don't email or PM anyone else about it. These apply to auctions of any type.

1. NO COLLUSION. This means NO posts where we share our GL numbers, posts where we organize bidding for or against each other, or posts where we say what trucks we are bidding on and promise not to bid on each other's trucks. Members involved in collusion will be warned and then banned if the warning is ignored.

2. NO FRIVOLOUS AUCTION POSTING: This means no posting auction links just for the sake of posting. If the item is easily found using a search engine on an auction site, don't post it. SS members are not interested in your every auction whim on a daily basis. [strikethrough]If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense. Posting links is OK. [/strickethrough] Posting a link to your eBay listing is OK. If it looks frivolous, and I know that is very subjective, then it will be deleted or edited by myself or a moderator. Think about why you are posting about item X. Would you still post it if you were bidding on it? If you have someone in mind for it, send them a PM. Don't clog up the forum with a bunch of fluff postings.

Newer rules that supersede parts of item #2:

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.

3. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: This means if you are really ticked because a SS member posted something that you were going to bid on, bite your tongue. Be nice to each other, but if it is a frivolous auction posting, don't be surprised if it gets some sarcastic remarks from other members. I know this isn't Kindergarten, but meanness won't be tolerated. Most of us put up with enough bull in our daily lives and don't want it here too. Attack posts will be edited or deleted by me or a moderator. Repeat attackers will be warned and may be banned if the behavior is not corrected.

These are the rules, like them or not. I am going to leave this unlocked in case anyone has a question about a certain type of post. I'm serious about not wanting any advice on this matter. I got enough last time. I will just delete your post if you can't obey my request. Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

You should send that, in PM form (or a link to it) to every single member……..because I know there are a lot of people who are not here daily and will miss it if it isn't on the front page.

I suppose you could make it a sticky, but I think most people look right past stickies-

dabtl

Your first rule is a sound one for all to follow.

While looking up parts suppliers, I came across a Federal indictment of a prominent parts supplier who was accused of collusion in bidding on GL surplus.

Collusion, no matter how minor, violates the law involving surplus sales.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I posted it as an announcement so it will stay at the top of the main forum page for all to see.

devilman96

Ok I have an issue with this!!!! Put the baseball bat down im pullin yer leg!!!

It's good to see such a hot topic getting put to bed and its a very commendable ruling on the issue!

To everyone... Things like this are always hard calls for the management... Across the board on every level they deserve an immense amount of credit for the line they have to walk with over 4000 SS members, I know I wouldn't want to be responsible for it!

To the admins and mods... You guys do a great job and are not often enough thanked for your efforts in bringing us this great forum, the hobby wouldn't be the same with out it!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

devilman96 said:
Ok I have an issue with this!!!! Put the baseball bat down im pullin yer leg!!!
Nice, I was reaching for my cell phone to have a chat with you :evil:

Thanks for the props.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: RE: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

Guys, please limit any posts here to questions/comments regarding the regs. Thanks.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: RE: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

Bumped for the benefit of new members and old ones that need reminding ;)

tsmall07

Just so I'm clear, this means that we can't post asking for other member to go in on an auction with lots of pieces. For example, there is a lot of 12 tires on GL and I only need 4. Can I ask for 2 other members to go in on the price with me?

Sorry if I'm thick headed. :wink:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It is in your best interest to ask if anyone is looking for tires to PM you. Lots of people look at this board and some of the members feel its best not to post any auctions. Asking questions is never bad.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this need to be revised seeing as how GL is posting auction items right on the corner of every page?

rizzo

Re: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

here is an idea:

steelsoldiers said:
If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense. Posting links is OK.
If you see an interesting vehicle on a GL auction you can click on the pic. Then when it enlarges in the new box right click and go to properties and cut and paste the address. It will look like below:

http://www.govliquidation.com/aucimg/photos/6386/6385070.jpg

even better is to save the pic then upload it to the SS server when you post.

Using the above method will not link the auction address yet still show the vehicle you want people to see.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

May God grant us many surplus vehicles and items to save them from the scrap heap and may we all enjoy the great PM capability we have here to talk to others about what we see. I know it is great to let others know you are looking for something here and it has let me find two trucks to buy without the hassle of GL I hope that we can find this policy acceptable and use the allowable means to help us find and get what we would like.

joec

Re: RE: Re: READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts [NEW VERSION]

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
May God grant us many surplus vehicles and items to save them from the scrap heap and may we all enjoy the great PM capability we have here to talk to others about what we see. I know it is great to let others know you are looking for something here and it has let me find two trucks to buy without the hassle of GL I hope that we can find this policy acceptable and use the allowable means to help us find and get what we would like.

AMEN..!!! to that David

dblcamaros

Hello, this is just a thought.........because I didn't know anything about collusion, and may have ended up at some future point doing so without ever even realizing it. Since I also bid on GL. But maybe there is a way for new members who aren't totally computer/site savy (yet) can have an opportunity to review this post when they register. I only stumbled upon this as I was familiarizing myself with the site. Not trying to tell you what to do, just saying that I knew nothing of this and maybe another new member may not as well and inadvertantly "collute"and cause major reprocusions accidentally.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, this is just a thought.........because I didn't know anything about collusion, and may have ended up at some future point doing so without ever even realizing it. Since I also bid on GL. But maybe there is a way for new members who aren't totally computer/site savy (yet) can have an opportunity to review this post when they register. I only stumbled upon this as I was familiarizing myself with the site. Not trying to tell you what to do, just saying that I knew nothing of this and maybe another new member may not as well and inadvertantly "collute"and cause major reprocusions accidentally.
It's in the site rules you read and agreed to ,how did you miss it ?

From the site rules:

Collusion: Collusion between members will not be tolerated in the SteelSoldiers.Com forums. The following could be construed as collusion and will be deleted:
• Sharing of bidder ID numbers or names to avoid bidding against another member
• Sharing of auction numbers or lot numbers to avoid bidding on the same item as another member
• Any other arrangement between members that serves to keep auction prices low in favor of the member bidders
First time offenders will be warned. Second time offenders will lose posting privileges for one month. Third time offenders will be banned.

• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to GL/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.

dblcamaros

I didn't miss it....it just hadn't sank in because I basically glossed over it because it didn't apply to me at that point. I just recently started to deal with GL. So I went back about an hour ago and re read it. Just saying that I din't realize that........maybe someone else couuld also make that mistake. Tendancy to read quickly through things that don't immediatly apply, but applies now. Just trying to hopefully head off any problems with any one else in similar circumstance. Thank you for your quick reply also.

steelandcanvas

because I didn't know anything about collusion, and may have ended up at some future point doing so without ever even realizing it...
I usually look words up I don't understand, especially when I agree to the statement in which that word is used. Straight out of Wikipedia:

Collusion is an agreement between two or more persons, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive, to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair advantage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks