• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831a Troubleshooting

Cord

What are you doing for overload protection on the outlets?

Jimmy
Overload protection is built into the unit. If you overload the hardwired connections, it’ll drop the load and shut down. If you overload the convenience outlet, it’ll trip an internal breaker.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thank you for the good information on the electrical connections.

I am new to this forum. I just figured out how to find the picture. I like the setup.

What are you doing for overload protection on the outlets?

Jimmy

Have you downloaded the TM's for your gen set? And looked at them? It might keep you from destroying something, or hurting yourself.

Marcellojuarez17

Thanks everyone for the generator hook up replys.!

I have an issue with the mep 831a
This morning I refueled it .but my circuit interrupter light went off.the Generator still starts and runs ,but I have no power
Can anyone help?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be home this weekend.i was wondering if I can bring over the generator to see if you can help with some issues?I have been on the road trucking.but I should be home for the weekend
I'm booked up this weekend but if you are coming through you are welcome to drop it by the house. I can give it a once over and let you know what I think.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thanks everyone for the generator hook up replys.!

I have an issue with the mep 831a
This morning I refueled it .but my circuit interrupter light went off.the Generator still starts and runs ,but I have no power
Can anyone help?
Please start a thread for your problem. This thread is real long, and covers someone elses gen set. Its confusing to try and help people when there are several folks wanting help in the same thread.

Guyfang

Staff member
My circuit interrupter light went off.i opened the top lid and found 3 wires toasted .they are on top of a black looking magnet thing.
Take a picture.

Go to the FORUM link at the top of the page, left of middle. Scroll down to the Generator forum.

Click on it. Look for POST NEW THREAD. Click on it. Its Easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks