• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding Cruise Control to C7

Dave21

[FONT=&quot] Just hooked up my cruise control on a cat C7 . It works just fine . But when applying the brake it does not kick it out of cruise control . It looks like the brake light switch was never hooked up to the ECU . If you solve this problem what pin on the ECU did you hook up to the brake light switch .Thanks[/FONT]

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the cruise control module ready for some time now. Works perfectly. I have a complete install kit for sale on eBay and in the classifieds section if somebody is interested.

The service brake #1 is pin number 45. The ECU doesn't see when the service brake pedal is pressed. In order to disengage the cruise control you have to at a relay. Original its like this : pin 45 is normally closed to the H795 ( H795 is the AP SENSOR/SWITCH SENSOR COMMON ). In order for the ECU to see that the brake is pressed the connection has to be opened ( Broken ) you do this with a 5 pin automotive relay.

Relay pin :
30 = H795 ( get it from the High Idle switch that's the easiest )
87a = pin 45 CAT ECU
85 = 12v upper pin from brake light switch
86 = Common ground

Pin 45 on the CAT ECU is connected to the H795 originally but I don't now where. Probably somewhere underneath the dashboard. So here is what you have to do: At the CAT ECU cut the wire that is coming from pin 45 from the ECU and solder a new wire to the end that is going to the ECU. Run that wire to the 5 pin relay and connect it to 87a. Now when you press the brake pedal the relay brakes the connection and the ECU nows that the brake is applied and the cruise control disengages.

Cruise Control LMTV 02.jpgCruise Control LMTV 01.jpgCruise Control LMTV 04.jpgCruise Control LMTV 03.jpgService Brake #1.JPG

Last edited:

GENX

I have the cruise control module ready for some time now. Works perfectly. I have a complete install kit for sale on eBay and in the classifieds section if somebody is interested.
When will you have some more on eBay?

GENX

I saw broke overland install this one:
I ran across this video too discussing the circuit.
Not sure you'd even need the relay after studying this a bit as it seems the brakes do the relay.

But .....
Seems like there might be a cab controller that talks to the ECM that appears is in Broke Overlands video and referenced in the Cat Cruise Control video.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Broke overland installed it incorrectly BTW. Don't follow his wiring. Follow the instructions from Berend. Mine works great.

With the C7 the ECM will disable the PAC brake when the CC is turned on unless you depress the brake pedal. With the CC off the PAC brake will engage when you lift off the throttle (assuming you have it in retard mode).

Just get the kit from Berend. It works excellent. Broke Overland initially installed it incorrectly and Berend worked with him to get that sorted out.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats what cruise gets ya in a big vehicle ALL FD UP ! Just my opinion but should be outlawed in anything over 10,000 pounds

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks