• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And the work begins

JAsher45

well I got home from the sandbox on the first and have begun to work on my M1009... after doing a walk around and a PMCS it is amazing how much the iowa weather will take it's toll on a truck. many surface rust spots to attend to where there were rock chips in the fenders. I went to post to pick up all of my tough boxes and ended up shattering the passenger side window, followed by rear u-joint failure that took the rear transfercase seal.. so i have been busy. i will post pics of the progess as i proceed to make it

AJMBLAZER

Bummer on the unexpected work man. Welcome home though! :D

Back in the 90's a friend came home from a 3 month deployment to find a flat tire on his Bronco...
...and someone had stolen his spare...

...oh yeah, and he was parked in front of our Squadron HQ.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see your back!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome back :beer:

Now you're going to have to change your location :razz:

Armada

Welcome back JAsher45. I just sold one of my 1009's to a guy in Iowa. His name is Jacob Anderson. He had just gotten back from Iraq too. Maybe you know him?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome back Brother in arms:
I hope all works out. I found I liked ours better on 33X 12.50 tires and with tinted rear windows. I broke our drivers window slamming the door with the window down. had to put in one from a junk K5 I found.

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: And the work begins

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Welcome back Brother in arms:
I hope all works out. I found I liked ours better on 33X 12.50 tires and with tinted rear windows. I broke our drivers window slamming the door with the window down. had to put in one from a junk K5 I found.
ditto on that one, both i and a buddy have shattered ours, its a thing with these trucks. with the window down its very close to the crank inside the door.

JAsher45

RE: Re: RE: And the work begins

thanks for the support guys. when replacing the door glass i found the the window regulator was bent.. and the glides were dry... a quick fix

Armada yeah i know jake.. we were side by side over there... i showed him pics of my truck and he said he wanted one.. so i showed him the light of the site.. i told him if he didn't but it i was

Adamlee

welcome to the world, and where's those cucv pics?

Hey Josh....where's those CUCV pics? :roll:

Did you ever manage to snap a pic with you wearing the SS shirt in Iraq?

Keep us posted! And check your PM's.... :shock:

Adam Lee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks