• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BA-DA BA-DA BING BANG RALLY - Atlantic, IA

Who would not want one of these rare and stylish caps?

DSCN1933.jpg

The cap is free to all BA-DA BA-DA BING BANG RALLY owner/operators attending and bringing a vehicle (because there might be more than one "owner" per vehicle ;)).

The box under the cap is the surprise door prize. Yes, it has "stuff" in it. No, I won't show what is in it because - well, because then it would not be a surprise. One entry per vehicle for a chance for the door prize. Yes, trailers are "vehicles", so one truck with trailer equals two entries.

Who would not want one of these rare and stylish caps?

View attachment 540838

The cap is free to all BA-DA BA-DA BING BANG RALLY owner/operators attending and bringing a vehicle (because there might be more than one "owner" per vehicle ;)).
Alright, just showed my wife the hat she could have if she came with me. Let's just say it wasn't enough to put her over the top, so I'll still be attending the rally by myself. I think it looks great! [thumbzup]

Another Ahab

Alright, just showed my wife the hat she could have if she came with me. Let's just say it wasn't enough to put her over the top, so I'll still be attending the rally by myself. I think it looks great!
Maybe you can work a deal with GUNNUT, and for the ladies in the group he can offer two caps combined:

- For a special assembly

bra.jpg

mbehne

Would love to make it but May is a killer for us this year and 250 miles in a duece would be more than a day in all.

Would love to make it but May is a killer for us this year and 250 miles in a duece would be more than a day in all.
Perhaps next year, if things go well this year.
Yes, I have spent a day in a duece "back in the day" not much fun.
I will post photos, when we are done, so everyone will know what they missed. :-D

I'll be there in the m1009. Maybe with a M35, but I cant commit that.

I saw some cool tanks over in Anita, maybe they will drive over.
I sent you an email with the latest "information email" and added you to the database. Please provide the information on the Registration Form attached to the email. Looking forward to meeting you and thanks for your participation.

Yes, I spoke with Duane about his "stuff". I believe he will be here, but I don't know what they will bring. I know he has a bunch, but some of it doesn't run, yet. I understand he has a motor for the tank (Patton, I believe), but it was not installed, when I spoke with him. He was "learning" about fuel consumption. rofl I am pretty sure the Police Chief is not planning on allowing it on the "cruise", at least not off a trailer.

The half-track might be ready. I have done parades and other events with them, so I kinda know what they have.

I also believe he is a member here, but am not sure about that. If he is, maybe he will jump in.

Thanks, again for your participation!

Just a quick update.

I spent most of the afternoon with iasc399ia. We evaluated the available space at the Armory and nearby locations. We also drove the "cruise" route and just for good measure toured the county fairgrounds in case there are a bunch that show up and they won't fit in the original planned area.

He also dropped off some - I don't know - "raffel items" / "silent auction items" / "door prizes" / "Hey, you want to buy this?" items. As you can see, there are still a few things to figure out. :grin:

It was a small interruption to the "get the new pintle hook on the MB" project scheduled for the afternoon, but none the less - the MB has a new pintle hook by supper time. Probably one more coat of paint in the morning and then a test run with the proposed "load". My wife's idea and a darn good one, if I do say so myself. Going to use the MB to pull the Mule during the "cruise". It should work like a charm. (I sure hope the pintle stays on.)

Anyway, keep those cards and letters coming or at least those notification requests with headcount and vehicle type you will be bringing. Somebody has got to get this thing planned.

Ryan, great time today and you are right. This is going to be a blast!

iasc399ia

It was a pleasure meeting you and once again thank you for the tour of your collections. What an honor to see some magnificent items used by our Military. A true collector.

Let's get some more action in this thread and get some more vehicles signed up. This will be the first annual rally with many more to come.

I did get the pintle on the MB and hope to post some photos of the Mule hooked to it - just as soon as the temperature gets slightly above "crap, it's cold out".

There are currently ten vehicles registered and fifteen owner / operators registered. I am still waiting on a response from some of the "local folks".

I can't emphasize enough the issue of the available space. The intended location will work - if the numbers aren't too large. If we have more, I am pretty sure I can get the fairgrounds - but I can't do that at the last minute. So, PLEASE get those registrations in as soon as possible. A pleasent experience for all depends on accurate numbers early - food, parking, hats, etc, etc, etc.

It looks like the city's "electronic recycling" will be conducted the weekend before the RALLY, so that will change things some - more parking available / possible less public exposure (I will probably have to spend more time on the radio and in the newspaper to get the word out.)

Hope to see you there!

Iowadog

Save me a spot for my M-923. Parades and car type shows are nice, but to get together with a bunch of others with the green infection will be great!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks