• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BA-DA BA-DA BING BANG RALLY - Atlantic, IA

Save me a spot for my M-923. Parades and car type shows are nice, but to get together with a bunch of others with the green infection will be great!
I suppose "you" and "yours" want a couple of hats too? :D I got 'em.

See you there. Am I supposed to reserve the handicap spot for you - or will you be all healed up by then?

It warmed up a little here today, so I took the time to drive to the Armory and get the MB hooked to the Mule.

A "test tow" to the shop and then I spent a little time installing the grab bars (received today) and the side reflectors (received yesterday) on the MB.

Since I finished the fin assembly on the M-124 250 pound practice bomb this morning, why not load it up and haul it back to the museum in the Armory?

The wife was cold, so she did not move much.

DSCN1984.jpg

iasc399ia

Nice! Looked like everything worked out good then. Bomb looks great.
Cold? Its was 29 today, a heat wave came through

Iowadog

The MB and Mule project looks great! How did the bomb fins turn out? They looked like a lot of work the last time I saw them.
I sure hope to be healed up by rally time. If not I wonder if I can get a handicap tag in woodland camo? Hope you have heard from more locals by now!

I should be able to come with my m35. Looking forward to a long trip.
Glad to put you on the list! I sent you a PM.

I just checked on the "Google Map" - 2 1/2 hrs, 160 miles. That is a LONG drive. We should probably have some kind of prize for driving the farthest. :idea:
( A feather pillow? / Fuel can? / Supper on the way home? / Tank of fuel? / Motel room on the way home? ) Hmmmmmm? Let me think on that for awhile. (Probably NOT the last two.)

This is the latest list of "Owner/Operators" and their vehicles:

Steve & Marie – M-274 A5 Mule, "JEEP" MB
Ryan & Ashley – M-1009
Herman – M-1009
Robert – M-1009
Don & Norma – "JEEP" ?
Brad – "JEEP" ?
Jesse –"JEEP" CJ
Kelly – M-35a2
Emery – M-35
Dave – M-35
Mike – CA-1 Bulldozer, M-38, "JEEP" GPW, M-35
Mark & Carol – M-923
Matt – "Not specified"
Bill – "Not specified"
Jeff – Attending, but not bringing a vehicle
Sam – Attending, but not bringing a vehicle

Pending the results of a meeting after next weekend for more vehicles.

If you think your name is on this list - or should be on this list - and there is incomplete information, please PM me - or just add it here.

Looks like I will have to order another box of hats.

armytruck63

Glad to put you on the list! I sent you a PM.

I just checked on the "Google Map" - 2 1/2 hrs, 160 miles. That is a LONG drive. We should probably have some kind of prize for driving the farthest. :idea:
( A feather pillow? / Fuel can? / Supper on the way home? / Tank of fuel? / Motel room on the way home? ) Hmmmmmm? Let me think on that for awhile. (Probably NOT the last two.)
Maybe add Preparation H to the list?

Love the event name, by the way.

Maybe add Preparation H to the list?

Love the event name, by the way.
Thanks, if all goes well, next year I will just call it the BA-DA BA-DA BING BANG THING

or perhaps the

BA-DA BA-DA BING BANG THANG

I can just imagine how popular the hats will be with that name on them. Should I trademark that name - or is this thread good enough?

:-D

OK, looks like the attendance will be pretty good for a first-time event.

We are still a couple of months out, but here is what the list looks like so far with more information pending.

WLA “Motorcycle” 1942 Scott
MB “Jeep” 1945 Steve & Marie
MB “Jeep” 1947 Brad
GPW “Jeep” Mike
GPW “Jeep” 1942 Rob & Jim
CJ “Jeep” Jesse
CJ(?) “Jeep” Don & Norma
M-38 “Jeep” Mike
M-274 A5 Mule 1968 Steve & Marie
M-1009 1984 Herman
M-1009 1986 Ryan & Ashley
M-1009 1986 Robert
M-35 Emery
M-35 Mike
M-35 Dave
M-35 A2 1972 Kelly
M-923 1981 Mark & Carol
M-925 A2 1989 Billy
CA-1 Bulldozer Mike
M-3 “Half-track” 1943 Paul & Tom
M-20 “Armored car” 1943 Paul & Terry
M-3 A1 “Scout car” 1943 Schuyler & Jeff

Most of the inquires I got from the Navy concerned the best route - Mississippi River or Missouri River. From there they could not determine the best route up the Nishnabotna River. Of course, the Nishnabotna runs right through Atlantic, so it would have been easy from there. (The truth of the matter is, we don't get much "Navy" stuff here in "Fly Over Country" - and I did not get any inquires from the Navy folks.)

Not sure what the problem is with the Air Force folks. We have a nice new 5,000 foot plus runway at the airport. We did have a few of those guys at the Flight Show a couple of years ago. Maybe they are still bolting the pieces back on the plane. We did have a gentleman that owned and operated a P-51 out of Atlantic. I understand he sold it recently - and it has since been "splashed". I gotta think that stung a little.

I believe I will have a couple of Coast Guard folks giving tours of the Armory, so that has to count for something.

Another Ahab

Most of the inquires I got from the Navy concerned the best route - Mississippi River or Missouri River. From there they could not determine the best route up the Nishnabotna River. Of course, the Nishnabotna runs right through Atlantic, so it would have been easy from there. (The truth of the matter is, we don't get much "Navy" stuff here in "Fly Over Country" - and I did not get any inquires from the Navy folks.).
Ask any fleet sailor and they'll tell you it's all about the tides:

- Don't know that they're any charts for Iowa, though.

iowa.jpg

mufasavnvmc

My fair lady has informed me that she will also be attending so if I can get her trailer finished we will be bringing it along also its a m105 so one more to feed and another hat thanks

That will be great!
I have already ordered more hats, as the list is getting longer and longer and the first box did not have enough in it.
Check your PMs and stay tuned for "email #3".
Please confirm the trailer, as soon as you can. Parking is a good thing to plan.

Is she driving a "chase car" - or is she really gonna ride the Deuce that far? :shock:

iasc399ia

I for one think gunnut should be compensated for the hats. Each truck buys their own to at least recoup money he has spent to put this whole thing together a long with the food.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks