• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BA-DA BA-DA BING BANG RALLY - Atlantic, IA

Steve, what time did you want Ashley and me to arrive to help set up?
I will be there around 7:15 AM. Anytime you want to show up after then, will work for me.

Three vehicles came in today. Two of them are in the Armory garage (along with my two) and one is sitting in the parking lot.

Not sure how soon the others will start arriving.

See you in the morning.

Any pictures of this Rally?

Bert
Yes, I have some and my intent is to get them posted as soon as I can. I will need to go through them and cross out license plates, make them look pretty, etc.

Right now I am working on the After Action Report so that I don't forget things for next year's Rally.

I had a school field trip to the Armory yesterday (Note to self: I need to get that cannon cleaned!), a military funeral today, and am working on a program for a retirement - and just for fun I have to transplant (by hand) 5 large trees due to road construction before the weekend. Retirement is not for the weak of heart. Maybe I should get a job?

Never fear - it is on my list of things to do. Hopefully, before next year's event.

Hey, NOW you're talking; great stuff! Thanks a million.

What's the story on the mini-dozer and (i'm guessing) the pan behind it? I've never seen either one before. WWII European theater?

Clark Airborne CA-1 bulldozer with scraper

http://www.questmasters.us/Clark_CA-1.html

http://castraponere.com/bloodonthetalon/history-of-the-clark-airborne-dozer/

http://www.syltech.net/history.htm

They brought it down Friday afternoon. It started right up and then died before they could get it off the trailer. After much head scratching, we got it running and moved it into the Armory garage for the night. The next morning - same same. It took a little bit longer that time. I think they finally decided it had some distributor cap "problems".

Another photo taken during their efforts.

DSCN2215.jpgDSCN2216.jpg

iatractor

Looks like it was a good turn out. Planned to be there but got roped into planning an impromptu armed forces day display on this side of the state.

Looks like it was a good turn out. Planned to be there but got roped into planning an impromptu armed forces day display on this side of the state.
I understand completely. There is only one "Armed Forces Day" per year.

Block out your calendar for this side of the state next year - and invite them to come with you. :)

I just sent a five page Microsoft Word document to all the folks that were on my Distribution List for this event. It is the After Action Report (AAR for you former Army types) - lessons learned, statistics, things to fix, etc.

It is a little large to post here, but if you would like me to send you a copy - for whatever reason - just send me a PM.

Another Ahab

I just sent a five page Microsoft Word document to all the folks that were on my Distribution List for this event. It is the After Action Report (AAR for you former Army types) - lessons learned, statistics, things to fix, etc.
Wow. You really got your act together, GUNNUT; that's a great idea.

Did you ever find out of there was a sticky about "How To Stage a Rally: Best Methods" kind-of-thing?

Wow. You really got your act together, GUNNUT; that's a great idea.

Did you ever find out of there was a sticky about "How To Stage a Rally: Best Methods" kind-of-thing?

Thanks - that is something they taught me in the Army. If you stick around long enough (in my case 25 years), you are bound to learn something.

Honestly, I never even looked for a sticky. Should I start one? :grin:

I have so many things on my plate, that I have to write things down. I probably won't remember it next week - let alone next year. No sense of learning how to do things AGAIN.

Another Ahab

Thanks - that is something they taught me in the Army. If you stick around long enough (in my case 25 years), you are bound to learn something.
And I picked up "stowing gear" from the Navy. Momma and both daughters absolutely hate me for the number of times I mention putting things where they belong. I mean this house is swimming in shoes; what's that all about!?

Anyway, you're a good man to save people from re-inventing the wheel. :beer:

OK. I am going to do this again this year - 2016.

Best to start another thread - or just continue with this one?

Oh, by the way, the date this year is May 21st.

Yes, I know, but there is only one Armed Forces Day in the year. (Most likely those folks heading to Ohio / Maryland won't be coming here anyway.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks