• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

continental multifuel injector ?

anyone able to tell me what the fuel injector spec's are? new engine seem's to run kinda rough thought maybe i should check injectors to rule them out . could it be these engines run like this all the time ? this is the first one i've been around. seems to have a pretty distinctive pop on every ign stroke . shakes the whole truck similar to the way a high performance might. any thoughts from experienced minds would be appreciated. i checked the only local surplus shop for manuals but no luck. i thought the ones at memphis are a bit pricey .but then again i dont really know. maybe im to cheap! HA HA.

bomar76

From TM 9-2815-204-35 page 109
"New nozzels should have an opening pressure of 2750 to 2800 psi and used nozzeles should have an opening pressure of 2500 plus or minus to be considered servicable."

I believe you can download it for free from the "deuce tips and tricks" section.

If it's running rough the first thing you need to do is d/l a tech manual and drain/change the 3 fuel filters.

KevinGaus

I have been learning as fast as I can. And have come to understand my injector pump is an early generation injector head , and needed to be replaced with the later one. I’m doing that now, but it’s got me thinking. I know the Previous owner replace the injectors. So my questions are, Are they different injectors? And is the injector head designed to operate the injectors at different pressures? Do I have a cobbled together mess? injector on the left was replaced by the one on the rightor pulled out the injectors on the right. Do they function at the same psi in the same way? 7CAF20D4-623F-4F62-B05F-BD56116329E5.jpgBB47FE3F-5629-48C6-B97F-756E1F2EC3FA.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember right the differancs were the way the pop pressure is adjusted and the tips. Look at you tips and see how many holes it has. From reading SS threads 3500 pop seems to be the norm now. As per the TM's you should have one hole replaced with two hole injector but I believe a good set of one hole adjusted correct would be fine. The easy ones to adjust are the ones with the Allen head and the one with shims you would need extra shims.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's OK so never fear Mighty Mouse is Here. Remove the brass fittings and look down in side.
Or remove just the top caps with the brass fittings. If you see a Allen head there they are the newer style and you adjust them buy turning the Allen head clockwise to increase the pop pressure. Go with 3500. The older style does not have the Allen head and needs shims or a flat screw driver type top is used to increase the pressure just like the Allen head. The Allen head is the easy ones because you don't have to remove the top cap to adjust. The flat blade screw driver type might need the top cap taken off to get a good bite on the slot. Believe they came after the shim and between the Allen. The pics are of my Allen head type and as you can see they were made by Ambac international Italy in 2 of 1992. and two hole tips #0138. So as I said remove the top cap or remove the brass over flow fitting and tell me what you see. Also look at the injector tips are they one hole or two. Now go little one look them closely down the Rabbit Hole and don't be afraid as Top Hatter will keep you safe from the Red Queen.

Attachments

Last edited:

KevinGaus

68C915DE-2640-42C9-9A3B-CFC98A07108F.jpgA40DCC9A-C866-4488-95E5-839C308526C5.jpg8EE01875-828D-4DE7-86F6-A15E52C03BB7.jpgTurn it over to my daughter. I think she found an issue. Should have gave it to her earlier I have all 18 of my injectors at an injection place, getting looked at. I’m gonna pick the best ones to make a match set and lets hope that will be the end of this.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks