• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1942 Dodge WC 26 Carryall

448thAAAbn

I have a wc26 1/2 ton carryall with drivetrain modifications over it's lifetime. Large flathead 6 with a warner gear co t9-1l 4speed non syncro,
mated to a warner gear high/low trans l1-1. Then the driveshaft to the stock one speed transfer case. Anyone know about these trannys?
I saw one on ebay 3 weeks ago that was out of a studabaker truck.

DrillerSurplus

back in the 1970's quite a few of the auger rigs I worked on had the T-9, not sure if they had a suffix like the -1l you mention. They were behind Ford 300 cubic inch straight 6 gas engines. The T9 is a very simple transmission to work on, but it can't take a lot of torque. The drill rig application was tough duty and we went through a lot of output shafts- got to where we didn't even pull the trans to change it out. However, by the '80s it was getting harder to find parts for them. We ended up replacing them with T-18's.

The more recent version of same drill rig used a 120 hp Cummins 4BT with a 4005 transmission, huge difference in the amount of torque it could handle. I don't know if they still have any parts, but Six States Distributors [url]www.sixstates.com[/URL]and Valley Gear & Transmission www.valleygear.us used to have parts for these T-9's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks