• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote brake reservoir

rustystud

1245.jpg This is my master cylinder with the "adapter' installed where the plastic reservoir usually goes. You can see the two lines coming out the top that go to the remote reservoir mounted on my firewall.

77 AMG

Hey, rustystud. Quick question- If you are using the M/C like you have, then, a NON Air Force M/C bracket still works, yes? Since the overall height of the M/C doesn't change, correct?

rustystud

Hey, rustystud. Quick question- If you are using the M/C like you have, then, a NON Air Force M/C bracket still works, yes? Since the overall height of the M/C doesn't change, correct?
That's correct. The difference between the brackets is the mounting of the PTO shift lever. Since I don't have a PTO on mine I could use the old style bracket.

77 AMG

THANK YOU to both of you! *off to the basement, to fire up the mill*
Hey, Rustystud... what did you borrow the M/C from? A mid 90's GM Topkick, by chance?

rustystud

THANK YOU to both of you! *off to the basement, to fire up the mill*
Hey, Rustystud... what did you borrow the M/C from? A mid 90's GM Topkick, by chance?
What do you mean "borrow" ? It is the stock Master Cylinder for all Air-Force Deuces. The top adapter though is on several models of medium size trucks. Including a lot of Fords. I also know several GM trucks used it too.

77 AMG

Slang term, my friend. "Borrow"- re: To take/ use from a different source than was originally designed, i.e. The M/C is question, I thought might have been from a Civilian truck, such as a GM TopKick series medium duty chassis, and that you had "borrowed" it to use on your truck. That's all. Either way, THANK YOU for sharing the information regarding the install.

rustystud

Slang term, my friend. "Borrow"- re: To take/ use from a different source than was originally designed, i.e. The M/C is question, I thought might have been from a Civilian truck, such as a GM TopKick series medium duty chassis, and that you had "borrowed" it to use on your truck. That's all. Either way, THANK YOU for sharing the information regarding the install.
I am aware of the term "borrow" . I just was confused since that is the stock master cylinder for the deuce. I can see with that different top how it might have looked like a different master cylinder though.

77 AMG

Fair enough. I was thinking that maybe there was a civilian version that might be easier to find. I'll try some more "Google FU" and see if that helps any....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks