• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

419 see off label usages

ACUF

Hi All,

I am looking at ways to expand the functionality of my SEE unit. Has anyone on here used the hydraulic system that runs the backhoe for anything else? I mean, removing the backhoe completely, and tying into its high volume system to run non-SEE equipment.

I have a Bobcat stump grinder, with the in cab remote control box, that I am interested in adding to the front loader lifting arms, in place of the bucket. It is my understanding that the higher volume will be necessary, as the aux hyd system is not enough power.

Any feedback is always nice, thanks in advance!

ACUF

bchauvette

Why are you removing the back-ho? Why don't you just tap into the back-ho hydraulics. Seems having it would be an asset.Would it be possible just to mount the grinder to to bucket? . Then you'll have something to pick up the mess you made with the grinder. Sure enough you'd have the pressure. Don't know what the grinder volume requirements are. Also wondering if maneuverability would be an issue.

Would love to see some pics of the grinder. Also the PSI and volume requirements.

Last edited:

ACUF

Thanks for the reply! I agree, perhaps leaving the hoe on, and a simple flow diverting valve would be the best, which would keep the necessary counter weight needed to have the grinder out front. In terms of mounting to the bucket, I really hadn't considered it, as I already have an adapter quick hitch for a loader set up, that with a little modification, appears to fit the SEE loader arms.

I will have to check on the PSI, but it requires 17-32 GPM. You can do a quick search on the "bobcat sg60 stump grinder" to see a pic. As far as keeping the bucket on or taking it off, I also thought any way I can keep the weight distribution closer to the front axle the better, for a number of reasons, not to mention, it will already be sticking out pretty far!

Cheers!

ACUF

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets SEE, (get it?), how about a brush chipper, wood splitter or hydraulic chainsaws?

Hydraulic winch, hydraulic gen set, snow blower, or ????

The place to go get ideas is to do searches of the implement manufacturers in Germany that sell implements for Unimogs. European municipalities often use Unimogs for maintenance platforms and they have public funds to purchase interesting implements that utilize the Unimog as a sort of "Swiss Army Knife".

Congrats on your truck acquisition!

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks