• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Siren rebuild for the M725

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, been wanting to post this for several weeks, but haven't really had the time to compose a long winded thread. However, at 1:30am on Monday morning, I do now.

A few months back I posted pics of some old ambulance sirens I got from Colemans scrapyard in PA. I got a PM from a Steel Soldier on the west coast by the nomiker of quarkz. He asks me if I was going to sell them, and I replied that I was but I wasn't sure for how much. They have been going to a nice price on eBay and I didn't want to sell myself too short.

I asked him what he wanted to do with them, that they had been sitting outside for many years and wouldn't work without a rebuild. He said, no problem, I have experience rebuilding small motors and have rebuilt sirens before. I said in my mind "Oh REALLY???" seeing an opportunity to get a siren rebuild for my ambulance. I made an offer to him: I'll send you two sirens, you rebuild them, mail me back one and keep the other free of charge. DEAL!

Needless to say, this deal went quickly, very smoothly, and quarkz kept me abreast of the rebuilt status by sending me pics often. Within a couple weeks, both were rebuilt, and he gave me a choice of the one with a small rust hole in the back of the housing, or the slightly dented one. I chose the dented, since my sheetmetal skills suck and he said he could fix the rust hole himself for his ride. The dents were smaller than he said they were, barely noticeable.

Anyways, BIG BIG kudos to quarkz and his top notch work! Can't wait to get this siren repainted red, and mounted to my completed ambulance.

Here's a few pics of the rebuild for your viewing pleasure, courtesy of quarkz in his shop:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks