• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce brakes locking up.

dslucas

If I remember correctly we had a member that was selling them on here already made up. Peashooter I think? Been awhile so I might be mistaken.

TMNT

I went through a similar problem on my truck, though mine was not related to freezing temperatures. It turned out to be particulate debris in the master cylinder, randomly plugging the two small holes.

At times, the brakes worked very well, good pedal and good stopping power, then suddenly it would have a hard pedal and the brakes would be locked.

I sent it over to Clinto for the fix. He flushed the system and put a new MC on it and all was good again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustystud

It's completely dot 5 brake fluid. Good info on dot 3 vs dot 5 separating out the water. I'm now thinking water is pooled in the bottom of the master cylinder. I'm going to bleed again completely. Also going to start on brake lines after this problem is resolved. Could not agree more with the safety factor. When the brakes locked open on me, I couldn't stop a couple of years ago and ran right out onto the highway. God was with me that day. No cross traffic. I haven't driven the Deuce below freezing since then for that very reason. Not going to take a chance on a rusted brake line. I'll just run all new stainless.
Stainless steel is great, but you can buy "cuprinal" lines for half the price and they are guaranteed to never rust also. I went with the cuprinal lines myself years ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks