• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS air catch trap with air leak

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I searched the TM's last night for hours and never came across the part. This is only the second time I have looked through the TM's and I am sure the part is in there but I sure couldn't find it. It is inside the cab, under the dash slightly right of the center of the truck. It looks like an air line filter of some sort. It is a "T" shape, air line coming in, airline going out. At the bottom of the "T" there is a tip and it is leaking air there. It was too dark last night to snap a pic but I will tonight if someone doesn't know based on my attempt at a description. It sort of looks like the air filter I have on my air compressor.

Where can I find this in the TM or is there a parts catalog? I don't know if it needs replaced or if it can just be cleaned somehow. It is supposed to be a heat wave of 34 degrees saturday so I would like to fix it if it is something simple.

Andrmorr

Ditto.
Stops the air leak permanently and you just press the valve core once in a while to purge anything and it's done.
*note* take out the small o-ring in the bottom of the canister or it will catch on the air valve stem.

Last edited:

Andrmorr

Thanks for your help, I was able to get the air leak fixed today.
Congrats, but HOW did you fix it and what were your results...Please elaborate so the next guy can benefit from your learning curve...kinda the silver lining to your pain is the next guy doesn't have to reinvent the wheel...

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I unscrewed the cap from the metal portion the lines screw into. I did not see where a Schrader valve could be screwed in, there are no threads in the port at the bottom and the Schrader valve doesn't fit in it anyway. So, I pulled the same part off my air compressor that already has a Schrader in it and screwed it on. Perfect match and it is clear, not painted over like the one I took off. Now I just have to get a replacement for my compressor.

vvwilkins

Had a similar air leak problem at the 2019 SoCal SS Rally - cab sounded like steam escaping when I shut down the rig. Took the water separator apart, removed the internal valve assembly and installed a Schroeder valve as suggested by Suprman. The "T" component referenced is the white plastic/rubber valve assy that's inside shown in the attached photos. Need to remove the small o-ring as well (also shown in the photo as taken out of the unit). Clean out the external threads of the nipple end and insert the Schroeder valve. Done! Leak fixed. If possible, replace the larger diameter o-ring (I reused mine as I didn't have a small enough diameter o-ring handy).
Hope the pictures help others with where the Schroeder valve goes. And, my water separator was not plastic (although it initially looked like plastic) but rather painted metal casting (pot metal most likely).
CTIS Water Sep Internal Components.jpg
CTIS Water Sep adding Schr vlve.PNG
CTIS Water Separator w Schdr vlve.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks