• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this engine? M54Wrecker

FrankCopren

Late 60's M54 wrecker 33000 pounds
I Expected to see the Bigger multi fuel engine, but found a big Diesel engine with the injector pump attached to the front right of the engine, the six injector lines are in a straight line
The turbo seems small for a big Wrecker
I know that I am not giving you a whole lot to go on, But I am betting someone who reads this posting, knows who made this engine
Thank you

Frank C
FCOPREN58@gmail.com

dmetalmiki

Nope. What about a picture?. (worth a 1000 words). that would help as just about any one of a huge range engines would retro fit the M54 series trucks. And in any case surley there is an I.D. in the form of stampings or I.D. plates.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is NOT a m54 wrecker, a m54 is a CARGO truck, It CAN BE a m62a1( Mack powered), a m62a2 (multifueled ) or it CAN BE a m543a1 (Mack powered), a m543a2 (multifueled ).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah a pic would be nice to see. But from what you've said. It sounds like it has a bosch inline pump. Common to Cummins and International diesel engines. Wonder if it's had a powerplant swap.

corvette9

I had a M543 with a Mack in it back in the early 90's. I think they where 671 Mack engines no turbo. I had three wreckers at that time. One Mack one Mutifuel and one old gas job. The Mack was by far the best of the bunch.

Brian G.

chillydog

The 5 ton family with the ENDT Mack-what a truck! I had a M54A1 cargo, Mack powered- lots of power, when you would goose the throttle, it would rock like a performance car. It was 05B29069, ex- NJ Guard. Ten years later, I owned M54A2, LDS 465 Multifuel-a dog. BUT, it was 05B28969--consecutive truck to the first! What a coincidence.( The second truck was converted by the Pa. Guard to Multifuel when the eliminated the Mack from the system. What a shame.)
But the Biggest Dog- I had an otherwise nice M62(A2) wrecker, ex- NJ Guard. Net weight 33, 700 lbs. Multifuel. Try towing a deuce with it. You want to see underpowered- God- Slow Boat to China!!!

Paul C.
Avoca, Pa.

vtdeucedriver

The 5 ton family with the ENDT Mack-what a truck! I had a M54A1 cargo, Mack powered- lots of power, when you would goose the throttle, it would rock like a performance car. It was 05B29069, ex- NJ Guard. Ten years later, I owned M54A2, LDS 465 Multifuel-a dog. BUT, it was 05B28969--consecutive truck to the first! What a coincidence.( The second truck was converted by the Pa. Guard to Multifuel when the eliminated the Mack from the system. What a shame.)
But the Biggest Dog- I had an otherwise nice M62(A2) wrecker, ex- NJ Guard. Net weight 33, 700 lbs. Multifuel. Try towing a deuce with it. You want to see underpowered- God- Slow Boat to China!!!

Paul C.
Avoca, Pa.
1967 M54A1[thumbzup] and its all mine.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks