• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unusual LDS 465 tag

DavidWymore

Hello 5 tonners. My little deuce coupe has a 5 ton engine in it. Wondered if y'all had seen one like it or could help me decipher what it un-readable. Thank you!

image.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MCSC BAR could be the equivalent to MCLB Barstow today. If that is in fact what it is, the engine went through there 3-72. MCLB is Marine Corps Logistics Base I believe!

DavidWymore

I think so. How bout the Xs? Need a tag with same format to see what they refer to, rods, mains, etc. Just googled up the MV data plates site.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Xs were probably for what the rods and mains were turned down to when it was rebuilt. That info is gone to as what box they were stamped in. I am almost 100% confident on that one.

DavidWymore

The Xs were probably for what the rods and mains were turned down to when it was rebuilt. That info is gone to as what box they were stamped in. I am almost 100% confident on that one.
Yes, I'm hoping if someone has the same tag, we can figure out what the missing info was. I will email the mv tag guys.

sandcobra164

MCSC BAR could be the equivalent to MCLB Barstow today. If that is in fact what it is, the engine went through there 3-72. MCLB is Marine Corps Logistics Base I believe!
Sir, you are correct on that. MCSC BAR was one of the old names which equaled Marine Corps Supply Center Barstow. It is the Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow now. The new acronym they apply to rebuild tags is MDMC PPB which stands for Marine Depot Maintenance Command - Production Plant Barstow. Before current, it would be MCB or Maintenance Center Barstow and before that it would have been MCD BAR or Marine Corps Depot Barstow. If there is an A or ALB on the end of the acronym, then that is from the Depot in Albany, GA.

I'll have to look at some rebuild tags to see if I can provide what the mains, rods, and bores are on that engine based upon where the ¨X's¨ are stamped. I'll look around the boneyard tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2035.jpg Dave this is the rebuild tag from Tooele on my LDT 465. The Xs are bore which will be Std. Rods & mains .010 under on my re-build. Should be close to your LDS re-build tag. Hope this helps.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, to what Tracer said....

I can confirm that your engine is a std bore (like all of them) and the crank was ground to first undersize. At least that's what that plate says.
To prove it I used my (very limited) Inkscape knowledge to superpose one of my own overhaul dataplates, over your faded one...
Judge for yourself...
Engine overhaul dataplate.PNG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks