• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new to me Gama Goat

AMGeneral

Well I guess I can shed some light as to what happened to mkcoen's other Goat here in NC......

Long story short,it never left,I ended up buying it from him.

I have been working on it for the last couple weeks,so far I have gotten the bearings repacked in all 6 wheels,greased the entire chassis,changed the oil,plus all 3 filters(oil and fuel),and rebuilt all 6 wheel cylinders and master cylinder.

Here's a short video of the current progress,I'll post pics shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk7xLRMqSwk

dmetalmiki

What an interesting yard. I like the other vehicles. Great pictures, nice video. A well worthy purchase. And that goat looks to be in good complete orriginal condition. You certainly are getting stuck into the nitty gritty of the servicing and repairs. Seems A good not too difficult restoration project. We look forward to seeing the ongoing story with pictures.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad it turned out to be as complete as it is. Did I forget to mention the mirrors, arms, and rifle rack didn't go with that one? You can just put them in the mail at your convenience.

AMGeneral

Sweet! Who got the better one? What is that triangular brkt on the dash?
I dunno,I would say the yellow one definetly had the better body,plus had all 4 seat cushions and a tailgate,plus it started and drove up on the trailer.

The tires were a toss up,the yellow one had more tread,but also more weather cracking.

The bracket on the dash is the defroster for the personel heater.

+1 on the brake hoses,this Goat needs just about every brake hose replaced,the quick disconnect for the trailer is stuck shut,without hope of fixing it,I have it removed and straight piped at the moment.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more thing I'm missing (heater).
Around here, you'll probably be okay. I pulled the heater core out of the M813 because it was leaking, it is sitting on a corner of my bench waiting for me to fix it. I haven't missed it, and it was removed in 2005!

The 813 does vent a whole lot more engine heat into the cab than a topless Goat though....

Cheers

AMGeneral

What an interesting yard. I like the other vehicles. Great pictures, nice video. A well worthy purchase. And that goat looks to be in good complete orriginal condition. You certainly are getting stuck into the nitty gritty of the servicing and repairs. Seems A good not too difficult restoration project. We look forward to seeing the ongoing story with pictures.
Thanks dmetalmiki,

In the pictures of the Goat,you can just make out my M62A1 wrecker,M51A1 dump,M54A1 cargo,M35A2C Deuce,both of the M103 genset trailers and the M151A1 sitting behind the Goat in the garage.

What can I say,I like the M39 series trucks,especially if they have a 673 Mack under the hood!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Around here, you'll probably be okay. I pulled the heater core out of the M813 because it was leaking, it is sitting on a corner of my bench waiting for me to fix it. I haven't missed it, and it was removed in 2005!

The 813 does vent a whole lot more engine heat into the cab than a topless Goat though....

Cheers
I remember a Boy Scout parade a few years ago where everyone was happy I had a heater in the back of the M1010. I probably cycled a 100+ through it to get the feeling back in their limbs. But for the most part you're probably right, still I like to have all the do-dads that go along with whatever I'm driving whether I use them or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks