• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new to me Gama Goat

evnut

The Goat made to sunny Scottsdale,AZ and has retired to a life of leisure. The first 2 pictures are in NC, and the third just off the carrier. I did a cosmetic restoration since I wanted its war horse 'scars' to show. This USMC Goat had a machine gun attached at one time since the bottom mounting plate was intact. I fabricated the top mount and use it for my 7.62x54R Russian MG. I was also pleased to find the M16 rifle mount intact. One rear brake light wasn't working due to of all things; dirty direction signal contacts. I like driving it topless but have been getting fumes in the cockpit at 40MPH. I redirected the exhaust 'down' using a 90 degree elbow. Did the trick. I've taken the Goat to car shows and recently led our group in the Phoenix Veteran's Day Car Show. Its a rare vehicle in this area and always an attention getter. I'd like to trace its military history. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 653604View attachment 653605View attachment 653608View attachment 653609View attachment 653610View attachment 653612View attachment 653611View attachment 653607View attachment 653606

Another Ahab

Looks like your first post. Welcome from Virginia.

There's a thread about tracing vehicle history through a few key details. bikeman is doing the legwork there.

If I can find the link I'll drop it here for you, but maybe somebody else here will beat me to the punch.

Another Ahab

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks