• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama gama hey!

BillIdaho

I know how to take digital photos, and know how to send them to an email address, but as soon as the darn " hosting" or "photobucket" thing shows up......game over. I tried it a couple of times.

It wasn't pretty.

m38inmaine

You don't need to host pictures here. At the bottom of your new post(or if you are replying to a post and want to add pictures select "go advanced") select "manage attachments", then click on "add files" then click "browse" that will allow you to select the location on your computer where you have your pictures stored. Highlight the picture you want then click "open", now your picture file will be in the browse box, click "upload" and your picture will show up at the bottom. Keep doing this for all the pictures you want in your post. Once you have your pictures click "done" at the bottom. Now when you select "post" your pictures will be in your post. Easy as pie.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Any one willing to take a picture of what they have for the transition between the back wall of the passenger compartment and where the engine compartment cover rests when closed.

IMG_20150919_184456.jpgIMG_20150919_184527.jpg

With the arctic top on, there is a gap along where the two pieces meet. Giving me noise and engine smells into the cockpit.

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
After I get back from more eye surgery. Now they are going to remove the cataract in the good eye, the left. The retina in the right is usable enough to get around with. Not enough to drive with it alone. But enough to lower the risk of total blindness if things go south on the left eye's operation.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any one willing to take a picture of what they have for the transition between the back wall of the passenger compartment and where the engine compartment cover rests when closed.

With the arctic top on, there is a gap along where the two pieces meet. Giving me noise and engine smells into the cockpit.
I can't say regarding the Arctic top, but on the soft top version there is a piece that bolts along the top of the cab sections (over the tranny tunnel) and the engine cover rests on it (angle shape). I have mine apart at the moment so can't really take a pic.

PM AMGeneral. He just put a new Arctic top on his and might be able to give you a better idea.

AMGeneral

View attachment 582330View attachment 582331

I'll get a picture of mine this afternoon,but I am fairly sure it is exactly like yours.

AMGeneral

That engine looks really nice, I have engine envy.
From what I have gathered from the guys at the Forest Service yard,it had been untouched and had not run in 8 years,the fuel filters looked the part too!

Not to derail quarkzs' thread,but how quickly does everyones 353 start? instantly or does it take a few turns?

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Thanks for the pics AMG.

And my 3-53, I am probably jinxing it for next time, is instant start with a push of the button.
Barring a dead or depleted 24 volts.

AMGeneral

And my 3-53, I am probably jinxing it for next time, is instant start with a push of the button.
Barring a dead or depleted 24 volts.

Mine is almost instantaneous.

Ok,just making sure that is the norm.

dmetalmiki

Mine is instant. Allways has been, and has allways been run on "contam" mix the same as for the deuces and 5 tons. This weekend we are taking for the local town festival. Pictures will be taken, and duly posted. The kid will drive the goat. I will take my M45 530C fire truck.

combat32

I sit in the driver's seat and make detroit noises, don't even have to hit the starter button, I will post a full AAR of my trip to Red River in another thread, got some good stuff

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to derail quarkzs' thread,but how quickly does everyones 353 start? instantly or does it take a few turns?
Just combing through some diesel forums and came across this quote "I have had the pleasure of a 53 starting on the floor while doing a valve set and the engine had not been in anything for quiet awhile. They are about the best of the Detroits for starting ability"

JR Scout

Haven't been here in a few weeks, thus the late reply, but I apparently have the only one that takes a while to spin up. It probably takes a good 5-10 seconds on the starter and pumping fuel, then more pumping to get to a stable idle. That was also before I changed out both fuel filters which had much more water than fuel in them. Haven't started since then, but hopefully it will be better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks