• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Magic-pole tripod gantry crane

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I have most if not all of the parts in my trailer. I think I also have the TM for it, I'll search for it in between rain storms today.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found the legs and I-beam, but no other parts or manual yet. I think I remember seeing the hoist, also (CRS syndrome). Search will continue.

Csm Davis

This is most of the email I got back, great people.
Hi Jeff,
I think the model number was actually 4012-10F. I believe that the letter “F” designated it was painted Army green.

We stopped painting the units army green; and started painting them with our standard red enamel paint (and changed the model number to 4012-10S to designate they were painted red).

I think that there were also various trolleys (manufactured by various companies) supplied with the tripod gantry cranes over the years.

Please see the attachment for a copy of a manual from the last order we shipped for model number 4012-10S in 2006, which included trolleys manufactured by Chester.

All parts are still available for model number 4012-10S.

Attachments

Last edited:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine that is still in the generator repair expandable trailer is red, so they also sold the red ones later to the army.

rustystud

Doesn't look that hard to make. I already have a 2 ton trolley. Now just get an "I" beam and the legs and weld up some brackets and we're golden ! I like that the manual lists the parts and sizes of material. Makes fabricating one a lot easier.

Csm Davis

Doesn't look that hard to make. I already have a 2 ton trolley. Now just get an "I" beam and the legs and weld up some brackets and we're golden ! I like that the manual lists the parts and sizes of material. Makes fabricating one a lot easier.
Rustystud like your get up and go but why don't you just buy one or just the hardest parts to make.

Another Ahab

Speaking of buying one, do you know how much these cost?
The company that made these gantries is still in business. You could probably get whatever you needed from them (including parts and drawings).

Their website is: http://www.wallacecranes.com/prods.htm

I would be great if you could post a copy of the manual.

Storm 51
Since Csm Davis suggested that rusrystud buy one instead of make one I thought he have or know of one for sale. Silly me; sorry to have bothered you.
Brother, I wasn't bothered at all. Just trying to help (and actually not even sure the link posts prices to tell you the truth).:D

Last edited:

Csm Davis

Okay easy boys I didn't get any prices yet but you can call them Monday they have been super nice to deal with. I was just trying to help rustystud not waste time or possibly even having a weak part.
But the price of these or even that they have these is not on the website. The gentleman I spoke to said he thinks the last one they sold was in the 1970's.

Last edited:

Csm Davis

It also appears that they make a lot of different cranes for the military but one I found to be very similar is the 4015-10s which has the following characteristics
A-Frame Base Width6.67 feet minimum and 10.00 feet maximum
Trestle TypeAdjustable frame height and adjustable frame width
Frame Overall Height6.67 feet minimum and 11.08 feet maximum
Maximum Lifting Capacity4000.0 pounds
Frame MaterialSteel
Special FeaturesKnockdown type; W/O trolley; bridge 12.00IN; four 5.0IN.DIA swivel casters

Csm Davis

And the information on the one i have is

NSN 3950-00-807-0671
P/N 4012-10S
Trestle, Hoist, Portable

Characteristics
Furnished ItemsHook and trolley
Frame Overall Height9.25 feet nominal
Maximum Lifting Capacity4000.0 pounds
Span Width10.00 feet nominal
Frame MaterialSteel
Special FeaturesKnockdown type

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks