• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

titling my m51

dollarhide

Just bought an m51 it has no title and I believe it never did all I got with purchase was a bill of sale what are the proper steps I need to go through to get a title I live in nevada any info would be very much appreciated

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First course of action would be to contact your local DMV. They'd be able to best tell you what you need to do. Here's what I found for a contact point:

http://www.dmvnv.com/title.htm

DMV Title Research
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711
(775) 684-4810 - Reno/Carson City
(702) 486-4368 - Las Vegas
1-877-368-7828 - Rural Nevada/out of state

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would probably be a lot better served asking that question at your state BMV office as they know all of the rules and laws that apply to your situation.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Best short answer, call ,visit or go on line you local DMV. Put ANTIQUE VEHICLES in the search block and it brings up the Form. There are threads on here for where the Vin is located on your truck.

ANTIQUE VEHICLES - TRUCK/TRUCK-TRACTOR
NRS 482.3811
Special license plates and registration may be issued for Antique Vehicles – Truck/Truck-Tractors. Vehicles operated under this provision may only be operated under the following conditions:
1. The Truck/Truck-Tractor must be at least 25 years old on the date this application is made.
2. The Truck/Truck-Tractor will only be used for antique truck shows, exhibitions, parades or similar activities. If an owner elects to use the Antique Truck/Truck-Tractor as general transportation, Antique Truck/Truck-Tractor license plates must be surrendered and normal annual registration and fees, compliance with emissions standards (where applicable) and Governmental Services Taxes will apply.
3. The Truck/Truck-Tractor must have a manufacturer’s rated carrying capacity of more than one ton.
4. The Truck/Truck-Tractor must be inspected and found safe to be operated on the highways of Nevada.
5. The owner of the antique truck/track-tractor must provide Nevada evidence of liability insurance at the time of application. Liability insurance must be continuously maintained in your name, for the entire time the vehicle is registered/or should be registered in Nevada.
The initial fee for an Antique Truck/Truck-Tractor license plate is $15.00, plus a $1.00 Prison Industry fee.
The annual renewal fee is $5.00. These fees are in lieu of the annual registration fees and governmental services tax.

Last edited:

dollarhide

Ok I'll give that a try here in nevada I had problems when I was in Arizona trying to get paper on my m818 the lady at the dmv was lost when I was explaining to her what it was and that it didn't have a Vin numbe was pretty funny thanks for the help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks