• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Air Hydraulic Unit Repair

AllenF

I bought this larger more complete kit. The price has gone up. It is close to $100 now. Still worth it IMO. Nice to have the gaskets etc. I have not rebuilt the pump yet as I am waiting for my FMTV to be released to me.

AllenF

must be the increase in demand
No Doubt about that. Us Guys here finally figure out the civilian part number(s) and find the mfr of the item needing repair/ rebuild, and the pent up need opens the flood gates and suddenly they are moving a lot more kits. Someone thinks it seems to be a great time to up the price. Oh well...:shrugs: and so it goes. :roll:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, thought I would post an update.

After 4 months of flawless operation. (multiple raise / lower cab and spare I went out this morning and wanted to raise the cab [frost on glass] to get things ready for AC/heat box install, I am back to puking hyd fluid out the vent.

I was able to manually raise the cab..

Guess I need to tear it apart again.

BuiltMFG

I rebuilt mine, lifts the cab no problem... now the tire lift is jammed. When the pump went out the tire carrier was down and I had to move it. It was able to move a few feet by hand then I had to put a ratchet strap on it to lift it far enough to drive it. Now it's stuck in place.

coachgeo

I rebuilt mine, lifts the cab no problem... now the tire lift is jammed. When the pump went out the tire carrier was down and I had to move it. It was able to move a few feet by hand then I had to put a ratchet strap on it to lift it far enough to drive it. Now it's stuck in place.
any updates?

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Great information everyone. I know mine is leaking but haven't dug in to deep yet. Thinking it's the common issue of air getting in & pushing fluid out the vent.

Awesomlmtv

If anyone has time to list part numbers required for a rebuild it would be appreciated. I’m also rebuilding one and would appreciate the benefit of your hard earned experience.

thank you for blazing the trail

abfisher1798

Price update for SPX repair kit 300140

The aforementioned kit is still available at MRO Supply for $174.70, free shipping.

There is another supplier online for a little cheaper. Gustin Hydraulics, out of Salt Lake City, $135.90 plus shipping.
Delivered price to CA with shipping and taxes, $155.38.

I went with Gustin and received my new kit a week later.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price update for SPX repair kit 300140

The aforementioned kit is still available at MRO Supply for $174.70, free shipping.

There is another supplier online for a little cheaper. Gustin Hydraulics, out of Salt Lake City, $135.90 plus shipping.
Delivered price to CA with shipping and taxes, $155.38.

I went with Gustin and received my new kit a week later.
For what is in the kit that's just insane. 2 years ago they were like $60 and that was too much.....

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Delete this unit and go FULL hydraulic.
That would be nice, but only about 10% of the LMTVs had hydraulics and a PTO on them. Seems like as ridiculous as the prices are, having the ability to "hand raise" the body would become important.

Unless there is an electric hydraulic pump to do the job.

Thinking out loud: I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to fix what we have than buy the parts to go full hydraulic? Maybe?

Ronmar

I think I am going to just go manual only using a prince pump and valve. I am removing all the tire structure and relocating the air filter for my build anyway and a simple manual pump will simplify things greatly…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks