• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Iraqi Armor.

Al Harvey

Caiman Plus MRAPS, but the standoff armor was removed. Hmm "Sure you can have the MRAPs, but we are going to take these parts off" lol

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Caiman Plus MRAPS, but the standoff armor was removed. Hmm "Sure you can have the MRAPs, but we are going to take these parts off" lol
Nope. We gave them cage/standoff armor too. They probably just didn't understand it would save their lives so they took it off. Or they took it off to sell it. Iraqis tore up a lot of their nice stuff.

Csm Davis

This crap hacks me off so bad they can GIVE the Iraqi army M1 Abrams and mraps but US citizens can't buy armored vehicles? Which would be more likely to be used against the US military?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

So much for respect for other peoples property.

Seems they destroy everything in no time!

I bet I could look after that equipment a lot better.

Aussie.

saddamsnightmare

May 4th, 2015.

I'm not sure how many Americans I would trust with MRAPs and Armor right now given some of the goings on here in the US of late, but as long as the A-10 is in inventory and flyable, not much of this junk will live long enough to be a serious problem to us in a combat situation.:whistle:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May 4th, 2015.

I'm not sure how many Americans I would trust with MRAPs and Armor right now given some of the goings on here in the US of late, but as long as the A-10 is in inventory and flyable, not much of this junk will live long enough to be a serious problem to us in a combat situation.:whistle:

Wasnt there something about it being "treason" to defend the A-10 from some USAF brass? An the joint strike fighter is a dream come true? Maybe its a nightmare?
Like mentioned in another thread, wonder whats gonna happen May 09?

B3.3T

May 4th, 2015.

I'm hoping this is a joke or something, right? The part about trusting your fellow citizens with armor...

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

I had a great idea,....

Do you remember those pirate tours that were being run along the Somali coast where people could go and hunt pirates,...?
I had a similar idea, how about SS members get together and go to Iraq and then just like IS, just take whatever MV you want,... (from IS).

This way we can save some good equipment, and we can get it back RO-RO if we lease a ship,...

Well at least there is no harm in dreaming!

Aussie.

saddamsnightmare

July 13th, 2015.

Gentlemen:

It was no joke up there about the armor. I am not sure that I would trust too many Americans with armor in a functional context. Do remember that Detroit and Minneapolis are prime ISIS recruiting grounds, and that Tim McVeigh was home grown and very dangerous, plus there are sufficient militias and other such types around that probably do need watching.

To give them armor would be quite foolish to anyone who is a reasonable, thinking individual. Small arms are one thing, heavy armor or artillery is something quite different and was never considered by the Founding Fathers to be a Second Amendment right.:-? Loonies can exist almost anywhere, but armor driving loonies like the guy in San Diego so many years ago, of the guy in Colorado with the armored bulldozer....?????

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a historical point of fact here.

Cannons, which were the artillery of the 18th and early to mid 19th century were commonly owned by private citizens, groups, and many, many shipowners. Ammunition for these items was commonly available in normal commerce.

All military items of the period could be owned by anyone who could afford it.

Not arguing any political or social policy issues here; simply drawing attention to the realities of the historical period.

Cannons were NOT excluded from the 2 Amendment's limitations on the government over the citizens' ownership of weapons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks