• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 Mirror Mount

Kerogane

I just picked up a 1966 M151 that has a very odd outside rear view mirror mount. The mirror is mounted on a raised area on the driver's side about the middle of the cowl. I have several M151's A1, A2's etc. but all the others mount just below the windshield on two flat pieces of metal on top of the cowl. Never seen one like this before any ideas? It was built 5-66 by Ford. THANKS!

saddamsnightmare

May 11th, 2015.

Except for the base stamping on the fender, it looks rather like the original mirror mount system the USMC used on the M422A1's, which were supplied by Army Ordnance Corps.....

This is interesting because I have a 66 A1 that has the mirrors in the same location. I don't remember ever seeing those mounted for A1's mounted there so I removed them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks