• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151's in Arizona?

Kerogane

Some years back I read about a bunch of M151's on racks in Arizona? A friend of mine has 4 that came from there. He had to get a museum status to get them. Were these new or rebuilt? Most of his has about 30 miles showing on the odometer. They also have chalked out camo patterns on the body. I also think that they were Marine corps. jeeps. Any Idea where they went? THANKS!

Whiterabbit

New! But ya' gott'a remember they sat out in the weather for quite awhile so they're not "mint" condition like the day they rolled out of AMG.

I have a Barstow!
It's a 1967 m762 trailer refurbed at Barstow in '89. :lol:

Kerogane

I talked to the gentleman who acquired some of the 151s from Barstow, and he said that the bought his in Georgia. This was the same company that sold all the legal Marine corps. Humvees in I believe 98. He said that there were several hundred 151's there to pick from. he still had to get museum status to get any. They did come with a form 97.

dmetalmiki

A dream come true getting hold of jeeps like that. Ive been after aquiring a mut for a long time, havent found a good one yet. Still looking.

stb64

I have one of those ''barstow mutts'', a 1972 AMG non -emissions. I bought it about 10 years ago, with 52 original miles on it. Former radio truck, looks like it was stored in a warehouse.
No batteries, top or seat cushions. Tires are slightly cracked.
The outline of the camo pattern is not chalked on, it's spray painted on.
The truck is still untouched, all i did was cleaning out the sand, spraying some oil down the spark plug holes, and spraying the whole truck with preservative oil, inside, outside, underneath, and inside the body channels, then put the truck on jackstands, covered it with a tarp, and that's where it's been since.
P.S.: It's NOT for sale.

Kerogane

That's the way I would do it. Preserve it rather than restore it. They are only original once! I still have a question if they were brand new, or rebuilt? Mike

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not a greedy person whatsoever. If I could just get a half dozen of those, I'd be perfectly happy! LOL

stb64

Brand new. Well, they were when put in storage..DSC_0074.jpgThat is the only picture i have on this computer. The one with all the pictures crashed. I took this picture recently to prove the existence of the ''spare tire carrier body number''. I will have to take new pictures, but this will not be before the end of the month. See my other posts: it may take a while, but i always supply the pictures.
The truck is in storage in north Germany, while I am in south Germany (Hohenfels should be familiar to anybody who was in USAREUR), and will have to work until the 25th, when the exercise is over.

Also, the truck is no longer original. The radios were removed, and at one point the whole truck including the tires was sprayed with forest green paint.
The camo pattern is not factory original. It was applied on top of the forest green paint. All this while the truck was in USMC storage. Originally the truck was semigloss olive drab, either FS 24087 or 24052, it's hard to determine.
I am not going to touch the Barstow mutt before i am completely done with this:6 jan 2014 014.jpg6 jan 2014 006.jpgand this:8nov2014 004.jpg8nov2014 005.jpg

stb64

Is that single seat set-up (driver only), standard?
No, I just did not have a second seat at the time. I have since installed one . And a fire extinguisher on the left front fender. Finding information on how to correctly install equipment on a M825 is a pain. I am still trying to find out how to install the decontaminator bottle. I know it goes between the front seats, but don't know where to drill the holes.
P.S.: only the top picture with the spare tire carrier shows the Barstow mutt.

stb64

I would be happy with just 6 of the cardboard packaging cylinders to put in the rear ammo racks. Finding a demilled 106 would be great. I just don't know where to look for one. I read somewhere that Spain is currently surplussing all its 106.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks