• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151's in Arizona?

stb64

[h=2]
Jeeps in Arizona[/h]
Mine came from Brent Mullins in Texas. It is a US one. There are Spanish ones available.

Nice 106, and nice display! It even has the spotting rifle. And i see a Weasel (always wanted one), and a MB (or GPW?). I sold mine, a 1945 MB, 15 years ago.

I need to find a vendor in Europe, the RR must be demilled to european specs. What should I expect to pay for the 106, and how much for the wheelbarrow mount?

Kerogane

Mullins was selling them for $6500.00 complete, less optics. The Spanish ones were $5500.00. I've had mine for a long time so the price could have changed. They are demilled, so you have to weld them.

stb64

Thanks, that is what I expected.
I just checked Brent Mullins' webpage.
U.S. made 106mm RR are now $6,000. Not bad. Demilled M79 mounts $2,000 (U.S. made) or 1,500 (spanish made).
A M79 mount would be OK for now. I still need to find an european vendor. Shipping from the U.S. would be to complicated and expensive.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The condition of the M151s at Barstow were. dependent on where it was in the stacks. Top rack position being the worst with the most weather exposure. Interior bottom racks almost like being in a garage . These were the ones you wanted. no rubber deteriorating and very good condition original paint.

hurst01

I was active duty Army from February 1964 to August 1970, never saw an M-151 with the spare tire mounted on the side like that one. Every one I drove, whether in Germany, Viet Nam, Korea or stateside, had the fuel can on the rear above the bumper on one side and the spare was on the other side above the bumper. I spent a lot of time in a 151, my job was communications. The definition of a "Radio Truck" was an M-37 3/4 Ton with Commo equipment in the back. ALL the M151s had the same radios. It was my job to put them there and maintain them.
I would love to have one now. I remember cruising down the Autobahn doing 90 MPH in them a lot of time. I know they don't register 90 MPH but the speedometer was wrapped around waaayyyyy past 60 (about 50% past). Those little Ford engines would really hum and had a very distinctive sound while running that fast.

EwaMarine

We got a 151A2 here at the museum that was from the range out here in Hawaii. She's really beat up. Complete and utter restoration. Be better to scrap her. BUT.....Shes a former Kbay 3rd Marines M151, and a part of Hawaii military history so not a option. Thank god for M151panels.com and Guy Loomis! This particular 151 was used in the end of its life riding to Molokai at the USMC refueling facility there as well as PTA on the Big Island. They would put it in the back of a 53D and use it as a on island car. After that it was the range golf cart at Kbay till it wasn't used anymore due to no spares. It was missing everything....cept seats. Windshield was gone and bows too. Marines wrote it off as scrap and gave it to the museum. Now comes the hard part....putting her back together so someday she can return to the base and be a part of its heritage at ceremonies and events and the Kailua 4th of July parade.

oboyjohn

I drove these when I first joined up back in 1984. We used them and M38A2's up till they were both replaced by the Bombardier built Iltis. I also remembered at on point we also used Jeep CJ-7's for a short period of time. They were fun with the 6 cylinder 4.2 liter engine and a 4 speed or a 5 speed transmission. The only thing 24 volt on the CJ's were the radios and they ran on a 12-24 volt converter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks