• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--ELKHUNTER--Walt Johnson

I want thank everyone for all your prayers and friendship Walt sure enjoyed his MV and all his friends on this site. Keep on trucking those big trucks and all and keep Walter in your thoughts. We are in the process of doing a memorial on May 8. time and place to be decided I will post more when available. Thank- you all for giving him all the fun and enjoyment over the last few years. Phyllis Johnson and all his children

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I want thank everyone for all your prayers and friendship Walt sure enjoyed his MV and all his friends on this site. Keep on trucking those big trucks and all and keep Walter in your thoughts. We are in the process of doing a memorial on May 8. time and place to be decided I will post more when available. Thank- you all for giving him all the fun and enjoyment over the last few years. Phyllis Johnson and all his children

Phyllis, I won't be able to make it out there but you and the rest of the family will be in my prayers...and thank you for the email today.

I have that GPW jeep model Walt sent me in my office where I can look right at it from my desk.

It's a honor to have sorta have known Walt thru SS posts, PM's, emails and several conversations on the phone in times gone by.

Walt was a good troop and I thank God for the limited contact we were allowed to have.

mtfelkhunter

My father thought the world of his Deuce. He taught his grandkids how to drive it and was proud to take everyone for a ride around the cabin. My father even got me into steel soldiers. We thank all of you for thoughts and prayers through this time for our family he will be missed.

steelandcanvas

My thoughts and prayers go out to Walt's family. I am blessed to have known him, my life richer by enjoying his photos and reading his wit. I enjoyed his contributions on the "How Cold is it at Your House" thread, and looked forward to it daily. Rest easy my Brother.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My father thought the world of his Deuce. He taught his grandkids how to drive it and was proud to take everyone for a ride around the cabin. My father even got me into steel soldiers. We thank all of you for thoughts and prayers through this time for our family he will be missed.
My father is elkhunter. I guess I took after him. if anyone was wondering whom I was talking about.
You come from good stock.
Walt - your dad - was a well respected gentleman, a mentor to many, and a friend to all who had the privilege of interacting with him both in person and on line.
I know you and your family will miss him dearly. I encourage you to embrace the good memories and the solid foundation upon which he raised you. I have no doubt that you are up to the task of being "the man of the house" now.... I know that feeling as well. Take care of your mother, your self and your family. Your extended family here is ready to serve if you need anything we can provide.

John.
SS Chaplain

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad to hear of another SS member's passing. Prayers out to his family, and I hope he is enjoying wrenching in God's motor pool...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ATTENTION TROOPS:

Walt's wife Phyllis has message me with details for the Memorial Service for our friend ELKHUNTER.

May 8, 2015 (Friday) at 1400 hrs (2:00pm)

YORK COMMUNITY CENTER
6040 Nelson Road
Helena Montana 59602

"It is about 18 miles from our house on the lake . Then we, the family will spread his ashes as he wished at Holter Lake on the 9th."

-----

If any SS Member(s) are going to be able to attend and would be willing to be our representative, please PM me.

For those, like myself, who will be unable to attend Walt's Memorial Service I'd like to suggest that you set a reminder in your SMART PHONE or other similar device so that at the designated time we can join those gathered, dedicating a moment of silence wherever we are to remember our friend and SS Member, Mr. Walt Johnson.

Be blessed, brothers and sisters.
John
SS Chaplain

Artisan

It is such a small world... Bullhead? Been there done that, as a boy.

Our thoughts are with the family...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ATTENTION TROOPS:

Walt's wife Phyllis has message me with details for the Memorial Service for our friend ELKHUNTER.

YORK COMMUNITY CENTER
6040 Nelson Road
Helena Montana 59602

"It is about 18 miles from our house on the lake . Then we, the family will spread his ashes as he wished at Holter Lake on the 9th."

-----

If any SS Member(s) are going to be able to attend and would be willing to be our representative, please PM me.

For those, like myself, who will be unable to attend Walt's Memorial Service I'd like to suggest that you set a reminder in your SMART PHONE or other similar device so that at the designated time we can join those gathered, dedicating a moment of silence wherever we are to remember our friend and SS Member, Mr. Walt Johnson.

John
SS Chaplain

For clarity, the 1400 hrs (2:00pm) local time is in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE.

1pm Pacific
2pm Mountain
3pm Central
4pm Eastern

May vary if your locale is not on daylight saving time.

Carry on.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

ATTENTION TROOPS:

YORK COMMUNITY CENTER
6040 Nelson Road
Helena Montana 59602

-----

John
SS Chaplain
For clarity, the 1400 hrs (2:00pm) local time is in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE.

1pm Pacific
2pm Mountain
3pm Central
4pm Eastern

May vary if your locale is not on daylight saving time.

Carry on.

For those of you who are also FACEBOOK users...

Phyllis has created an "EVENT" on FaceBook. If you would like to "join" it please refer to this link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/818811181506336/

Although I will not be attending in person, I did indicate that I was joining the event, but would observe a moment of silence from right here in Texas at the appointed time. I encourage y'all to do the same.

John

zout

WOW just saw this. What a loss to hear about.
When I got the chances Mr. Walt and I got into some pretty deep discussions about Lewis & Clark. I believe his son works in the museum of a section of the expedition & Walt sent me down a packet only available at the museum.

Being a L&C fan and avid reader knowing about the air rifle Clark purchased and bro it with them. Walt was only one of few that also knew the details.

Peace Brother.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting! I never got tired of looking at the beautiful pictures Walt was always willing to share and the stories/adventures he also shared! WE are all very fortunate to have gotten to know Walt at many different levels! He will be missed. My prayers go out to his family and friends!
THANKS FOR ALL WALT!!!!!!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks