• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 Parts List

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Axle parts

....and here's another way which gives time to research other sources before putting them on the list. It'll be good to see the numbers Tom has put together.

This might be an updated outer seal which we haven't been able to source using the original number.

farm cel garden 015.jpg

2280659 Victor 49961-M

These are just the part numbers for the lock-washer and axle nut from Fort Gary Industries up here in the north.

farm cel garden 017.jpgfarm cel garden 014.jpg

USMC 00-08

I looked for that outer seal a while back. Still not having any luck finding new manufacture ones.

The number I have off of that seal is Victor 49961-M on one side and National 2280659. National's latest number was 6592S. They said they stopped making that seal years ago, so as of yet, I have not found a current replacement number....if anyone still makes the outer hub seal.
Just cross referenced the nut and lock washer. PM sent with a question and links to what I found.

Last edited:

restlessrobie

OK having problems adding part numbers to the list. SO far the Axle bearing nuts and seals all cross to the numbers already listed so no need to add those parts. However I did find some parts not on the list for the steering gear box.

Steering gear box bearings for the worm shaft
178480 GMC part# and they still have a few in stock through vintage parts
10983R Hyatt bearing part#
263228R91 International bearing part#
Sector shaft seal
259961 GMC part# not available at this time
SKF 13529 SKF part# **** is an actual seal that will replace the cork packing
CR 13529 Chicago Rawhide Part# (unconfirmed)
CR 131719 Chicago Rawhide Part#

Please add these to the parts list and have a wonderful day

USMC 00-08

Sorry about the confusion. I have the parts list link as a read only, so that there is only one person adding numbers.

I will get the numbers you found added. Thank you for posting them up!! [thumbzup]

Any ideas or suggestions for the list are always welcome.

USMC 00-08

Steering gear box bearings for the worm shaft
178480 GMC part# and they still have a few in stock through vintage parts
10983R Hyatt bearing part#
263228R91 International bearing part#
Sector shaft seal
259961 GMC part# not available at this time
SKF 13529 SKF part# **** is an actual seal that will replace the cork packing
CR 13529 Chicago Rawhide Part# (unconfirmed)
CR 131719 Chicago Rawhide Part#
I am sorry for the picture quality but can you confirm for me which ones are the parts you replaced with the part numbers you found?

I believe the bearing is "B" and "G" in the drawing and the seal is "HH". Please correct me if I am wrong.

0726161745.jpg

restlessrobie

I am sorry for the picture quality but can you confirm for me which ones are the parts you replaced with the part numbers you found?

I believe the bearing is "B" and "G" in the drawing and the seal is "HH". Please correct me if I am wrong.

View attachment 635678
Yep thats the bearings and seal I will be trying to modify a newer GMC steering shaft bearing for bearing at the top of the steering shaft just below the wheel I will let you know how that goes.

USMC 00-08

They are not the same size or shape as the M35. The G749 windshield is the same width as the M923 but about 2 inches or so shorter.

We have found that we can use the M923 windshield seals for the G749. Just cut off that excess few inches at the top.

USMC 00-08

Surplus Parts Source section added to the parts list.

I have added this section so we can easily find those that have large quantities of surplus G749 parts available. I know in the past, a few have posted in the classifieds with many parts available and the adds have been lost to time. Just trying to make the search easier.

USMC 00-08

No. I've not found a source for those other than at some of the major surplus parts dealers. I believe there are some Anco wipers and arms that people have used as an upgrade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks