• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 Parts List

restlessrobie

OK so I need to update the socket for the spindle nuts I added earlier. To make a long story short the socket listed will fit the replacement nuts you can acquire from Napa on your list. How ever it will not fit the original stock spindle nuts. That socket number is available from Orileys parts that part # is OTC 1924 and has been tested on the STOCK spindle nuts. Sorry for the confusion. I am still looking into wiper arms and have a couple different options coming to compare :)

restlessrobie

Found some replacement springs for the wheel cylinders 1 1/4 at ace hardware of all places parr number is in the provided picture. No luck with the wiper blades yet.

20160918_142905.jpg

restlessrobie

Part number cross reference
Napa wheel cylinder cuplease for 1 1/4 wheel cylinders crosses to Raybestos wcc-14451 (easier to find)
Napa cups up-14509 Raybestos wcb-14509 (easier to find)

restlessrobie

More Updates as I work on my lovely Deuce I think I am going to name her 200 because every time I take something apart to five it I spend at least $200
SO on to the updates

Pillow Block Bearing

Napa Part # 308NRJ

Pillow Block T-case Seals

Napa Part# 19970

Lots of stock on these easily obtained

1944mb

Federal Mogul Engine Part#s not sure if they are discontinued yet or not...
Rod brgs...1905CP
Main bearing set...two listed, I believe they are the first...967M or 4030M
Cam bearing Set...1094M

1944mb

Also, attached is the crank specs on the 302 so if someone decides to rebuild an engine and they need to know whether they need to go the next undersized bearing or not here it is...

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checked over the parts list and don't see the Raybestos MK 175 Master Cylinder rebuild kit or the EIS C591 -- 1 3/8" Brake Wheel Cylinder rebuild kits. Also checked online for current availability and they do seem to be available.

The EIS C591 might be helpful to those who have upgraded to the larger size Wheel Cylinders....check your sizes before purchasing to be sure you're not running the 1 1/4" wheel cylinders.

PB270337.jpgPB270336.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a source for these clips?

They hold the brake and vent hoses in this channel.
I went through a bunch of suppliers and see every alligator, crocodile and armadillo clip on the planet but not that shape. There.....now that I said it, someone will find some.

Can we make them? Piece of coat-hanger or steel rod? Some neatly spaced dowels drilled into a 2x4, one piece of broomstick for the big radius? Bend away?

I added them to the list for that southern trip I'm smelling just around the corner. I should have 16.....4 trucks x 4 clips, yes 16.

Have we told you lately how much we appreciate the years....and I mean years,,, of dedication you've put into keeping the parts sheet updated?

You sir, are a G749 purist with the heart of an army! Thank you. Any time you need back-up, just knock!

USMC 00-08

Thank you for the fine compliment. I think about all of us have contributed part numbers to the list. It is exciting to see so many parts readily available for these trucks and new discoveries made.

A big thanks to all of you too. Keep those part numbers coming!!

1944mb

In my haste I ruined the brass fitting that screws in the engine block and the compressor coolant hose screws into it. It is a 3/4"-18 inverted male flare x 3/8npt. Parker part# 249IFHD-8-6. I believe the fittings into the compressor are the same.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks