• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 Parts List

1944mb

Have we told you lately how much we appreciate the years....and I mean years,,, of dedication you've put into keeping the parts sheet updated?

You sir, are a G749 purist with the heart of an army! Thank you. Any time you need back-up, just knock!
My first crack at ordering a bunch of stuff to get the m211 going-Dang, this list is handy!! Its nice to have a place to be able to reference parts and get the consumable parts coming. We have some great Vendors still holding onto parts for these. Before I got my 211 all my research showed parts were non existent for the G749-this list is vital to keeping our hobby rolling, and is helpful to realize that parts are still around for these. There seems to be this myth that nothing is available-if we believe that it may become a reality. We are a little like the redheaded step child at the family banquet-would be neat to see some vendors come forward saying they specialize in the G749(or maybe there is and I don't know it!)Good work Pauly and keep'em rollin!!

USMC 00-08

We do have some great vendors. Unfortunately I can't post what they have for sale in this list. I was told early on that vendors had to list what they have for sale in the vendors section or classifieds if they are not a vendor but just selling off parts.

I know that sometimes those adds get lost over time, so I have started listing the usernames of those that have NOS parts for sale to make the search easier. It is my understanding that listing the username is not against forum rules. For instance, Tom Wolboldt has a lot of G749 parts and I have been very pleased with what I have bought from him. At one time, CAPSARME had a bunch of parts too, but I have not been able to get a hold of him through PM to verify that he still does.

If the moderators inform me of anything in the list that is against the rules, I will change it to comply.

I'm glad to hear that this parts list has been useful. My intention is to keep as many of these trucks on the road as possible. I'm always open to suggestions to improve the list.

1944mb

I found the compressor belt to fit well length wise, but width wise the belt on the list was pretty wide. I ended up using a b45. A b46 would also work. I'll take a few pics tonight to show what I'm talking about.

USMC 00-08

I got the belt number changed and the manifold gaskets removed. Still looking for a part number for the pilot bearing for the transmission and a proper fitting manifold gasket.

To all....please let me know if a part does not work. Most of these part numbers have been contributed by various ones of us, so I have not personally used each and every part. We found last week that the air compressor belt was too fat and the intake/exhaust manifold gasket set did not work. It only works if the aligning sleeves are not used. The sleeves have to be used or the gasket will fail.

1944mb

While this isn't fel-pro part numbers...I'm not sure if Fel-pro even manufacturers gaskets for the 302 except where the cross to a 270 or other similiar engine groups. A company called Best Gaskets does, they can be found on ebay, or their distributor list is here- http://www.bestgasket.com/distributors.asp

I'll just list all their part numbers for this engine....
intake/exhaust gaskets 11074
Engine rebuild set RS589G
Head gasket set 589G
Oil Pan gasket 28011
Rear main rope seal 5144
Timing Cover Set GS11075
Push Rod Cover 28017E
Valve Cover Set 28012E

Paul, the intake/exhaust looks indentical to what we removed from the 'new' engine. All these part numbers can be seen when hovered over on their website....
http://www.bestgasket.com/engine_catalog_years.asp?YearsCID=1951-59, 302 (GMC engine).......[589]

USMC 00-08

Transmission output shaft seal.

Update. One of the MV part suppliers that advertise here had NOS ones for sale and I got one. The part number on it is a Chicago rawhide number that cross references to a SKF 2075 part number. Also the part number 8615499 that was listed above also cross referenced to the same number. So it looks like there is a modern replacement if needed in the future.
I will get these part numbers added soon. I'm in the middle of setting up a new computer and still need to buy MS Office so I can get back to updating the parts list.

downhillbiker

I love this list, thanks for all of the effort!

One improvement that I would find useful is to put a description of each component next to the group. For example under engine put GMC 302 inline 6. In the transmission put Hydramatic xxxxxx. I was hoping to find what differential is in these trucks and having the axle name/model would help me do that.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

gentrysgarage

I love this list, thanks for all of the effort!

One improvement that I would find useful is to put a description of each component next to the group. For example under engine put GMC 302 inline 6. In the transmission put Hydramatic xxxxxx. I was hoping to find what differential is in these trucks and having the axle name/model would help me do that.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Our differentials are Eaton H110s with 27 spline axles.

PS start a thread on your truck...we love pics and to see more of it.

mcv1964

Here is the link to the parts list that several of us have been working on for the G749 series. We will continue to update it as new part numbers are discovered.

Please let me know of any additional part numbers you might come across and I will add those to the list for everyone to use as well.

If you do not have a Dropbox account, just close the prompt to log in and you should be able to view the list. You will have to download the part list to be able to click on the blue hyperlinked part numbers or just press control as you click on them.

G749 Parts List

I just bought a 1951 M135, this list ROCKS!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks