• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East coast to West coast trip - Free part taxi - standby assistance requested

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Left WV this morning... Made it to PA... Both primary and secondary air systems are draining... Can hear escaping air around the air dryer in front of the rear axle...

Any way to bypass?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pressure relief valve... Is what it looks like... Constantly popping off... Every 3 seconds or so...

Got a ride from a friendly local... Trying to source a replacement.

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just amazing how a $30, 2.5oz part can bring a 30klb truck to a halt.

I noticed the air loss before the light and Buzzer.

I'm glad I was paying attention to my panel... I when it got to 90 I immediately pushed the emergency brake override...

Glad I did...

Buzzer and light didn't come on until around 30psi...

If I wasn't paying attention... My brakes would've locked up on me... And I probably would've been going 50mph down the side of a mountain at the time...

Yeesh...

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Was it the small safety relief on the side of the air dryer? Had one of those go bad on me once. Good to have it there though. If your ppv were to fail and you didnt have that safety air pressure would just build until something burst.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was it the small safety relief on the side of the air dryer? Had one of those go bad on me once. Good to have it there though. If your ppv were to fail and you didnt have that safety air pressure would just build until something burst.

That's the one.

I understand factory was 150...it had a 175 in it... Only one available was a 250...and I'll be replacing it as soon as I can.

The compressor has a governor... On at 100 and off at 120 iirc. And my air has been rock solid at a hair above 120.

Made it just outside Cleveland.... **** of a day so far.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Are you sure its not the expello valve on the bottom center of the air dryer getting stuck? You can stick your finger in there and push it back up.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking air dryer is shot... Because I just pulled a tiny speck of something out of the blowout valve that was preventing it from closing... Almost looked like fiber.. But rust colored...

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure its not the expello valve on the bottom center of the air dryer getting stuck? You can stick your finger in there and push it back up.
Yes.

It's blowout valve.

I'm thinking there's an obstruction in the dryer system. On Ohio turnpike. Gotta wait til I get to toledo or something.

Popoff valve is venting every 5 Seconds again.. And no.. It's not the air dryer..

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Take off the air dryer output air line see if you have good air flow. If good there follow the hose to the first tank there is a check valve there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks