• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Educating and learning

Hainebd

Not sure if everyone is aware of the question being askedand statement on this site are really showing the mechanical, electrical abilities of some of SS members. If you don't know, learn! Learning here is not the best way. Need to be with an educator, instructor, other students to absorb this skill. It is not a part change hobby. If that is what you want then get a new rig and bling it out. Take stock parts off, put aftermarket parts on.

The fact that we can buy military vehicles is amazing! Then put big tires on and try to go 30% faster then the truck was ever rated for is crazy. The effects of the big tires alone is questionable enough let alone the excessive speed. Just understand the impact on the lives you may affect. We, as operators, must be more dillegent with extremely curtuious driving. Yes it may take longer, slower but this should be our goal to promote this hobby. If we don't, there are more of them then us. We could loose this incredible hobby all together.

i am/was a good mechanic/tech. My buddy who helped me mount the 395 said to me just the other day,"You know the tires we mounted that took several days last year, I can do them now in 15 minutes including removing and installing on the truck". He started working for McCarthy Tire last Augest. He now has a bran new service truck. Just goes to show, skills need to be shared.

So if you don't know, find out.

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if everyone is aware of the question being askedand statement on this site are really showing the mechanical, electrical abilities of some of SS members. If you don't know, learn! Learning here is not the best way. Need to be with an educator, instructor, other students to absorb this skill. It is not a part change hobby. If that is what you want then get a new rig and bling it out. Take stock parts off, put aftermarket parts on.

The fact that we can buy military vehicles is amazing! Then put big tires on and try to go 30% faster then the truck was ever rated for is crazy. The effects of the big tires alone is questionable enough let alone the excessive speed. Just understand the impact on the lives you may affect. We, as operators, must be more dillegent with extremely curtuious driving. Yes it may take longer, slower but this should be our goal to promote this hobby. If we don't, there are more of them then us. We could loose this incredible hobby all together.

i am/was a good mechanic/tech. My buddy who helped me mount the 395 said to me just the other day,"You know the tires we mounted that took several days last year, I can do them now in 15 minutes including removing and installing on the truck". He started working for McCarthy Tire last Augest. He now has a bran new service truck. Just goes to show, skills need to be shared.

So if you don't know, find out.
Uh, learning here may be the ONLY way some people out there can learn. Not everyone lives next door to an MV Guru... I learned how to bale hay completely from the internet...

Hainebd

True. The issue is the level of questions being asked shows that sometimes (including myself) we need a more hands on teaching approach by someone who is a expert. That person does not have to be a master of all but should know the topic. The thing that concerns me is the tire questions. I am very sensitive to tires and dump bodies due to friends being killed doing dumb things that they knew better. I don't want anyone hurt or worst. So my issue is sincere.

I comend end you for learning before doing with hay baling.

steelandcanvas

I went for a job interview once that I knew I was a little less than qualified to perform that job. During the interview, I was asked what was I going to do if some of the tasks assigned were not in my strong suit. I responded with "I can learn to do just about anything on the internet". Two days later I got the job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks