• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking into adding a M1078 ?

1951M1078

I sent Mike a email about the wheels and tires today. With luck I can get a full set ? Just don't want a stack of tires to fall on me ! LOL

1951M1078

I read last night the Alum. 10"x 20" is 62 Lbs. That would be a good savings and would help the off the line start,big time !

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it will work. Your design follows the proven concept that has been applied to the M35A2 type trucks. Only thing is, installation of this would appear to be a day's project in a well equipped shop. I suspect installing this to facilitate a recovery will be difficult. Wehring had the right idea by equipping the in-tow vehicle with locations to mount the military tow bar.

1951M1078

Going to try to find one (M1078) here in Phoenix and then see about fabing most of it here. Maybe do a test fit here also ?
Also made a copy over on the 2" x 2" receiver page. My bad !

Last edited:

1951M1078

Well ,we will see if one of the M1078 will come to my care ? Auction today . But like last time someone will bid it too high ?

1951M1078

Looks like I got blown out of the water on a runner with low oil pressure.

Oh,well I need to think more about the non-runners ?

Maybe next time ?

1951M1078

Looks like I need to keep looking. Maybe next time ?
Non-runners going for $6500 + , or somebody knows their ok ? LOL
Just not meant to be, today.

sstephens637

Who is mike, and how can I get some of the differentials with 3.07 gears?
Whats he asking for them?
Would really like a better top end as I may drive this beast to work on occasion. HWY is 70 'round here...

I'm new here, Hello.
Been looking into a M1078. Its more my style than the Duce 1/2. Getting older and the auto trans works for me.

The Question is, I have talked with Mike and can get the 3.07 gears. I don't have a M1078 yet. Does it make sense to get the gears first ? Not looking for high speed but the 55/58 is a little low .

Thanks for the input !
Randy

Lmtv772

Banned
From experience a reliably running LMTV will cost you about $15k. Or 6k for a non runner and you put 9 grand into it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks