• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what kind of oil for m35a2

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You can do a search, we've covered these issues in some pretty in-depth conversations, but the short answer is that a lot of us are running 15W40 Rotella for the engine.

I have 90 weight GL1 in my diffs, transfer and tranny (as the LO calls for) but a lot of other guys here have GL5, with an MT1 rating.

Gear oil has to be safe for use in gearboxes with brass and bronze (yellow metals).

Do a search for GL1, GL5, lube, etc. You'll find lots of discussion.

acetomatoco

Any Diesel rated 15-40 will work fine.. If you are in the cold zone of Ohio, you may like 10 for the the short winter hops...stick with the GL1 in your diffs...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks