• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Crash - Subway drive thru.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Just saw this on the local news,It happened 30 minutes from me.Not mine,Those **** air over hyd. brakes.It was a nice looking truck.

barefootin

I work just a few miles from the scene, but I'm out of town on business. I had multiple calls and emails asking if my truck was still parked in its spot at home or if someone stole it... After looking at the pic's, it was too nice to be mine... Someday mine will look as good as this one did pre-crash.... I just hope everyone is okay...

ageregunner

I am glad there were no serious injuries. This is an example of the lingering fear I have of getting into an accident while driving my deuce. Even with my meticulours maintenance, the stupid things other drivers have done near my truck make me worry. And then after the accident the lawsuits will surely follow. I will soon install a dash camera and start recording all my trips digitally.

ke5eua

How the heck, do you get a deuce to go fast enough to plow into a suv and through a store front?
Doesn't take much speed to do that. I think the better question is why wasn't the engine shutdown pulled, parking brake pulled up to offer some resistance.

This actually made it on facebook on US Army WTF Moments page.

Glad there were no serious injuries.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, that is a shame that it happened and that the truck was so nice too. I have had my brakes go out on a deuce before even with servicing and inspections. You just can never predict when they will fail.

barefootin

How the heck, do you get a deuce to go fast enough to plow into a suv and through a store front?
Speed limit there is a transition from 55 to 45mph. Most are still going around 50-55mph if the light is green, faster if yellow, and front ends diving if those in front didn't run the light... It is an uncomfortable light for me as a driver in any vehicle as I do not run it. There are always idiots turning west bound (semi blind to west bound traffic) on their red signal (your westbound yellow) to beat the opposing turn arrow. I have seen smoke and fish-tailing in my rear view many times and have had to pull off or forward to avoid them. I had one slide past me just missing cross traffic years ago...

I can imagine this happened very fast, the driver most likely had it out of gear or it would have kept going through that building... Driving single brake circuit cars most of my life for my daily drivers, I'm still in a habit of testing my brakes after cruising for a while, prior to approaching lights and prior to down grades.... I can guess at what I would have done, but hope I never have to....

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Doesn't take much speed to do that. I think the better question is why wasn't the engine shutdown pulled, parking brake pulled up to offer some resistance.

This actually made it on facebook on US Army WTF Moments page.

Glad there were no serious injuries.
That is how I first found it, through that fb page.

FloridaAKM

Thankfully, no one was injured; the damage can be repaired & life goes on......unless they keep pushing, "a privately owned military vehicle". News reporters..........

Al Harvey

Please Everyone, use this as a reminder to always keep up with your maintenance and perform your In Operation checks. These are the type of incidents that we all fear for our hobby. Just thankfully no one was seriously hurt or killed!

barefootin

My wife just called. The local news reported that he had just purchased the truck 3 hours prior to this accident... Something for those making a recovery to keep in mind, let alone a truck that "looked" as nice as this one.....

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Things happen no matter how careful you are. Glad there were no serious injuries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks