• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Crash - Subway drive thru.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sure would be nice to have safe break option. i dont drive mine on the road, if it had better brakes i might tho
Later Air force and all of the A3's had a dual circuit system with two air boosters.

I was reading about it and they say the MC is hard to come by and that instead of cups, uses an X-section EDPM o-ring (#2-222), and are worth rebuilding due to being rare.

There probably are a lot of threads on making an older deuce into dual circuit.

dmetalmiki

(Quote). "Dumping the clutch after killing the engine probably won't do any good with a deuce, as if you rotate the diesel, it will just fire up again. The man should have been going down through his gears long before the stop, to guard against what happened here".

I absolutely can not 'count on the fingers of any hand' the number of times I have NOT changed down TO THE SAME GEAR I started in. When coming to a complete STOP in ANY Circumstance. (In any of my trucks).
One fact I keep stressing to ALL the members of our group is, Descend any hill in the SAME gear as you would travel up it.
(As(This rule does NOT apply to my M45 530C..,(because it steams up most hills in high gear no problem!..)), I STRESS, irregardless of the trucks 'climbing ability', Descend FULLY prepared.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks