• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum wiper motor line routing M38A1?

DownRange762

I'm working on getting my original vac wiper motors working on my just purchased M38A1. Of course what would be helpful in making the motors move would be if there was actually a vacuum line running from the fuel pump, along the block, to the firewall and from there it is just rubber tubing.

I've attached pictures showing the area in question and my question is this, can anyone share a pic or two of what the original components and routing of the lines looked like from the fuel pump to the firewall? The pics I've posted show the vehicle as purchased, with the vacuum ports plugged with the red caps. I've looked in the TMs but the image is very poor quality and not a close up to show which port supplies the wiper motors.

Also any guidance from those who have run this line before would be helpful regarding the thread size of the fittings and the hard line.

Thanks,
Wade
IMG_4236.jpgIMG_4235.jpg

wilfreeman

Hey Wade, take a look at Wes Knettle's photo album over on www.willysmjeeps.com . I'm sure he has some pics already posted - I remember the question being asked a few times there, so do a search if you can't locate Wes's pic. I'll see if I can get a link to his album.

DownRange762

I got enrolled in the other site and you were correct, he has photo documented much of what I needed to see. His example vehicle is an M38 so the source of the vacuum is different coming off the intake manifold but the overall routing is similar. Thanks again for the lead.

Wade

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks