• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What manual has How to Flat Tow a M1079 ?

1951M1078

Looking for info from the TM about Flat Tow with drive shafts out and how to hookup the air brake system.

Also is their a manual for finding things in the manual's ? LOL Its like a Gig of data.

DrillerSurplus

Also is their a manual for finding things in the manual's ? LOL Its like a Gig of data.
IMHO, the only efficient way to search these TM's is using Adobe's search function. As an example, I downloaded the TM from the link in post here and entered search term "flat tow". It took less than 20 seconds to search the 837 pages and find every instance of "flat tow". Some of the TM's are much bigger-MK48's TM-08780B-24P has 1,605 pages and the MK48's TM-08780B-20_Org_Maint.Manual has 2,138 pages. That would be a lot to wade through and you still might miss something as your eyes glazed over.

I prefer using the advanced search (Press Shift+Ctrl+F keys at same time) that lists all instances of search term with surrounding text. The regular search (Ctrl+F) brings each hit up one at a time. Adobe Reader is free and probably already on almost everyone's computer. One requirement is that the document you want to search must have recognizable text, not a scanned image, so sometimes you have to do a little more internet searching to find the right version of a particular TM.

Adobe search advanced.jpgAdobe search basic.jpg

Another very useful feature of Adobe Reader is to highlight something you have found and it will be easy to find again in a list of comments. If you have Adobe Acrobat (full version) you can create your own set of bookmarks like you see on the left margin of many Adobe pdf documents.

Adobe bookmarks.jpg

1951M1078

Just down loaded Adobe. But found the page start first,the old fashion way. Page by page . LOL It starts at page 437 of the posted manual. Thanks,All.

Now I will go learn how to use Adobe .

DrillerSurplus

I haven't had to use adobe in years between google chrome and ubuntu. Remember, CTRL+F is your best friend when looking through the TM's.
I agree, CTRL+F is a lifesaver. It works within most browsers, Microsoft products and many other programs. It not only saves time, it also doesn't miss any hits on the search term.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks