• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brought home three of the GovPlanet HMMWV's today

DoctorCheney223

It took almost seven weeks for the EUC to clear this time. I guess it's been awhile since we did one and can only assume that our information was purged?

Well, they arrived this afternoon in MUCH better condition than I was expecting. The pictures and descriptions were pretty close but I figured that GP would fudge the truth a bit but that was not the case. The engines (6.5's) all ran strong and the amount of parts that have been updated is amazing. The green M998 is the best of the vehicles and again, I am amazed at the condition. The engine looks/runs like new, the transmission shifts in and out of gear really strong, that body and hood have ZERO defects and all the seat pads were recently installed.

One other thing is that all the trucks have the updated parking brakes. That's always a positive because we can use the newer and cheaper fuel tanks but all the tanks look REALLY good. We won't know exactly how good until we drop but them but they all look like they have been recently installed.

Here is a pic of the arrival.

hmmwv delivery.jpg

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doc, nice looking set. glad you got better than you hoped for. Look forward to hearing how you work on them!

Shark Bait

Ive been watching their auctions for a a few weeks and am curious about their regulations. Have you tried to title on yet or intend to? What purpose did your EUC give? I want to buy one but the pretitled ones on other sites start around 35k.
When you make a bid you agree that they are for off road use only. No title.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an FYI for everyone, DO NOT talk about how to title trucks that have the OFF-ROAD only restriction on them. You may be banned from this site.

Last edited:

ke5eua

Ive been watching their auctions for a a few weeks and am curious about their regulations? What purpose did your EUC give? I want to buy one but the pretitled ones on other sites start around 35k.
Just a little fyi, that is a good way to get a thread locked. We all know the conditions regarding buying the 998s, please refrain from asking about titling them. As far as the reason on the euc, best option here is to be honest, asking for trouble if you plan on falsifying it.

Also do you have a dealers licence or are you the end user? The govplanet fine print make it seem like they dont want the consumer to use their auctions. I know this is the wrong thread but their isnt alot of title info on the govplanet auction vehicles. ive been reading the "how to title a humvee" thread as well.
Why do you think they don't want consumers to use their auctions? If it is solely based on the off road use and no title of the 998s then you need to understand that isn't their decision, that was the dod.

Last edited:

DoctorCheney223

What did I miss since last night ??

In other news, we are in the process of opening an "adventure park" where these will be used.. so NOT TITLE IS NEEDED. We purchased 162 acres of land only twenty minutes away from the Las Vegas Strip. Our property is next to other privately-owned land and BLM land and both areas can be used (for a fee of course) to extend the HMMWV driving area.

Customers will be able to drive tanks, APC's, HMMWV and use all kinds of weapons ranging from .50 M2HB's, flamethrowers, 60mm and 81mm mortars and much more.

As for servicing them, we have three full-time mechanics and three part-time mechanics that with the exception of one (and he just got out of the Marine Corps as a mechanic) are light-wheeled mechanics in either the Army National Guard or Reserves.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might have to get back out to Vegas as soon as you are up and running.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
What did I miss since last night ??
In other news, we are in the process of opening an "adventure park" where these will be used.. so NOT TITLE IS NEEDED. We purchased 162 acres of land only twenty minutes away from the Las Vegas Strip. Our property is next to other privately-owned land and BLM land and both areas can be used (for a fee of course) to extend the HMMWV driving area.
Customers will be able to drive tanks, APC's, HMMWV and use all kinds of weapons ranging from .50 M2HB's, flamethrowers, 60mm and 81mm mortars and much more.
As for servicing them, we have three full-time mechanics and three part-time mechanics that with the exception of one (and he just got out of the Marine Corps as a mechanic) are light-wheeled mechanics in either the Army National Guard or Reserves.

Holy snarkelies!!! What the heck else could anyone ask for!!!:beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Free tickets for all SS members in good standing or at the very least moderators.

;-)

ke5eua

So back to the thread. Is that your tow rig? Looks heavy on that pin, might just be the way the camera angle is but I could imagine that was a rough ride, looks like maybe 2 inches of travel left.

They look good though. Next time I'm through NV I'll have to stop by. Funny I was just at Vegas earlier this year, spent super bowl weekend at a pilot station.

DoctorCheney223

So back to the thread. Is that your tow rig? Looks heavy on that pin, might just be the way the camera angle is but I could imagine that was a rough ride, looks like maybe 2 inches of travel left.

They look good though. Next time I'm through NV I'll have to stop by. Funny I was just at Vegas earlier this year, spent super bowl weekend at a pilot station.
That rig belongs to a one-man hauling operation here in Las Vegas.

V/R
Ron M Cheney

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks