• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Titling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the new sales of HMMWVs from GovPlanet and Govliquidation many people are asking on how to title them for on-road use.

The government is allowing these trucks to be sold by the auction sites but with the restriction that they are for OFF-ROAD use only and WILL NOT be titled for on-road use. This a DoD regulation/restriction and is not controlled by the auction sites or individual State DMVs

Because of this restriction this site will not allow any discussion on how to "break" this rule and title the Humvee for on road use.

I sure would hate for the Goverment to stop all sales because of someone trying to get around this restriction.

If you start a thread, ask questions or discuss how to circumvent this rule you may be banned from this site.

This is not open to debate.

Just as a reminder, the DLA has not changed their stance of the "off-road-use only" restriction. Here is a blurb from their website:

"Humvee/HMMWV In November 2014
DLA Disposition Services began releasing excess military Humvee cargo and troop carriers with model numbers M998, M998A1, M1038 and M1038A1 to all eligible reutilization, transfer and donation (RTD) recipients. These are early model "soft side" unarmored vehicles. Participants in the Fire Fighters and law enforcement support programs remain eligible for the items as well. Vehicles not acquired by those special programs or RTD recipients may be sold to the public for off road use. They will be offered under a contract for disposal of rolling stock. See www.govplanet.com for additional information."

http://www.dispositionservices.dla.mil/sales/Documents/Sales/FAQ.pdf

Until this stance is changed all the BS you hear on the internet is just that, BS.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to add to this thread that I personally would like to see all of the surplus equipment sold without restriction.

Also I know full well that people are getting titles without the OFF-ROAD restriction on their vehicles. However until the DLA/DOD changes their stance (It can happen, just look at the Gama Goats) this site will not allow any discussion on how to get around the restriction.

What you do personally is up to you. Just don't talk about it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks