• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Copper Scrap Thieves --> CRISPY CRITTERS

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always found cold warrior to be a leader on this board. This thread is the exception. Your mileage may vary.
I appreciate the opinion you've shared. Point well taken.

-------------------

I know this video has been shared in these forums at least a couple of times in the past.

Now is a good time to put its message to use again.

If you don't have the right tools (clothes) for the job, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE CIRCUITS ! ! !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIjC7DjoVe8

Carry on.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. Saw it about that long ago. same picture.
That said, I do like the outcome.
A lot of people here liked the outcome, but I bet that would change if they had to clean that up. That might have been a good kid at one time. Just sayin'. Don't get me wrong, I'd be PO'd if I was a victim of copper theft, but how about we say it would be justice if they lost a finger or two...

Artisan

How many times has a retired veteran, a victum now, because that good kid
from the past didn't get fried, and got away w/ it in the past, been forced to replace something that
some kid who was "maybe", once a good kid, how many times has someone
been forced to replace something, and then later paid a MASSIVE price, like
maybe the heating oil bill could not get paid and an elderly parent died, or
the cows starved in the cold and now no cows to sell, so no food fo rthe kids or or or ...

Anyone tasked w/ cleaning that up *** will be making a very good salary
and w/o outcomes like this, they could be out of a job, just sayin'
if ya know what I mean... :)

You can't turn back the clock. There is ALWAYS an alternative then to
take what is not yours w/ malice, ALWAYS.

***Some plumbers who drive a steel soldier (honey truck) in the military,
have a saying; "Your ship is my bread and butter"

Gotta keep it on point.

;-)

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Copper thieves! lets see if your momma tought you that stealing this that dont belong to you this might not have happened! A couple years ago we had the largest copper wire theft in Fargo that I had ever heard of, we have a couple large electrical distributors in town and apparently they had just gotten a big shipment of wire into their ware house, so much that they had a very large amount of it in the rear of the building outside their loading doors. Well the thieves had obviously planned this out pretty good because they not only had their own semi tractor and trailer but they also broke into the building and used the distributors own forklift to load their trailer, to my knowledge they were never caught!
KK

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many times has a retired veteran, a victum now, because that good kid
from the past didn't get fried, and got away w/ it in the past, been forced to replace something that
some kid who was "maybe", once a good kid, how many times has someone
been forced to replace something, and then later paid a MASSIVE price, like
maybe the heating oil bill could not get paid and an elderly parent died, or
the cows starved in the cold and now no cows to sell, so no food fo rthe kids or or or ...

Anyone tasked w/ cleaning that up *** will be making a very good salary
and w/o outcomes like this, they could be out of a job, just sayin'
if ya know what I mean... :)

You can't turn back the clock. There is ALWAYS an alternative then to
take what is not yours w/ malice, ALWAYS.

***Some plumbers who drive a steel soldier (honey truck) in the military,
have a saying; "Your ship is my bread and butter"

Gotta keep it on point.

;-)
Copper vs a life...Hmm lets see.
BTW, I make a very good salary, and it is in no way compensation for seeing that kind of stuff, because it doesn't go away. Wishing death on others is no better than stealing copper. I've probably wished that on others in my life, and it was wrong. We all would like to think we're better than "those" people, but you just never know what will happen in your life to make you that guy.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Dying due to one's own stupidity is an act of Karma. It may not be fair (could have been a young person with the potential to turn his life around) but it happens every day.

I just saw a post on FB about two meth heads that broke into a police storage facility and stole ammunition and tactical gear.

I'm sure that the police didn't want to see them die and they were caught because they were addled by drugs and terminally stupid.

When the old steel mill I now shoot movies at was still running a couple of rocket scientists decided to steal a coil of cold rolled steel off the back of a truck trailer. The backed their pickup truck against the back of the trailer, loosened the chains and let gravity do the heavy work.

This was a single roll of steel that had been placed in the center of the flatbed. It probably weighed 30K. Not only did it pick up some momentum rolling to the back of the trailer but there was about a two foot drop that allowed it to pick up speed when it dropped off the trailer.

The rear axle of the pickup was actually mashed down into the asphalt the truck was sitting on.

Neither of the fools was injured because God protects fools and drunks (most of the time).

Of course Billy Bubba immediately called the police to report the truck stolen but the police still charged them with attempted grand theft.

I don't think anyone would have wanted them dead but sometimes Mother Nature just decides to cull the herd on her own.

armytruck63

IMHO, this photo belongs on a Darwin Awards site, not on Steel Soldiers. Are we next going to show ripped up bodies from the battlefield? Remember that kids view this site.

As a burn survivor, I find the photo particularly jarring. I'll not share what I saw and experienced in the burn unit, other than to say that grown men do cry.

Whenever someone dies it is sad, even if the cause is their own stupidity.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

June 24th, 2015.

Probably best message to take home with you:

1. Safety First
2. Don't Steal
3. If you'd listened to your mother you probably wouldn't be in trouble,

and
oh yes:

4. Safety First!

Karma, God, Buddha, whomever doesn't seem to reward terminal stupidity with a play again feature......
I used to work around 600VDC trolleys, that could pull 1500 Amps on starting, you always respected Reddy Kilowatt, otherwise he could really rearrange your priorities fast.....:sad:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
June 24th, 2015.

Probably best message to take home with you:

1. Safety First
2. Don't Steal
3. If you'd listened to your mother you probably wouldn't be in trouble,

and
oh yes:

4. Safety First!

Karma, God, Buddha, whomever doesn't seem to reward terminal stupidity with a play again feature......
I used to work around 600VDC trolleys, that could pull 1500 Amps on starting, you always respected Reddy Kilowatt, otherwise he could really rearrange your priorities fast.....:sad:
I had forgotten about that lil' feller.....
Reddy Kilowatt.jpg
Thanks for the memory !

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks